Edilaine Grandolpho
Edilaine Grandolpho  Identity Verified
Brasile
Local time: 22:02
Membro (2008)
Da Inglese a Portoghese
Thank you! May 21, 2009

Dear conejo,

Thank you so much for your kind words. You made my day!

Best,

Edilaine

Edited for typo

[Editada em 2009-05-21 14:29 GMT]

Dorival Scaliante
Dorival Scaliante  Identity Verified
Brasile
Da Inglese a Portoghese
+ ...
May the Companies read your great words! May 21, 2009

Hi Conejo!

Your message is a real blessing in tough times like these ones. Blessed be the colleagues like you who give encouragement words to everyone in need, without being asked for. This is true human feeling.

I wish Companies also read your message and always treat all their translators as professionals, in a professional manner, respect their own payment terms accurately (something like "45-days-not-47-days" will start to help) and become aware that the more we wor
... See more
Hi Conejo!

Your message is a real blessing in tough times like these ones. Blessed be the colleagues like you who give encouragement words to everyone in need, without being asked for. This is true human feeling.

I wish Companies also read your message and always treat all their translators as professionals, in a professional manner, respect their own payment terms accurately (something like "45-days-not-47-days" will start to help) and become aware that the more we work happy, the happier the Companies will also be (and more profitable, too, which turns to more profitability to us, too).

Great hugs to all! Thanks!

Dorival Santos Scaliante
Collapse

conejo
conejo  Identity Verified
Stati Uniti
Local time: 20:02
Da Giapponese a Inglese
+ ...
AVVIO ARGOMENTO
Vacation May 21, 2009

Yes, that's true, I do enjoy the thing about vacation. We don't get paid for it but it's nice to be able to go on vacation when we need to without having to go through a bunch of rigamarole.

Elizabeth Ardans wrote:
Yes, but we can go on vacation whenever we like without having to ask for permission or considering when other co-workers are taking theirs... we can have lunch at any time we want for as long as we want...

Sylvia C Baker
Sylvia C Baker
Spagna
Local time: 03:02
Da Spagnolo a Inglese
+ ...
Thanks, conejo! May 22, 2009

So good to feel that one is not alone in this! I love my job, been a freelancer for 15 years now and do try to concentrate on the positive aspects...but it is a difficult lifestyle that requires flexibility and organisation: an urgent project comes in and you have to drop all other commitments to attend to it!

We really must support each other out there, so thanks for putting all our thoughts into words!
Sylvia (Mallorca- Spain)

Edwin
Edwin
Local time: 02:02
Da Tedesco a Inglese
+ ...
Thank you May 22, 2009

Hola Conejo,

You forgot to mention that, after all that, you have to take the dog for a walk. Apart from that, the perfect post, and one which I and many other people very much appreciated.

Un abrazo

Edwin

Maria Paula Campagnari Bueno
Maria Paula Campagnari Bueno  Identity Verified
Da Inglese a Portoghese
+ ...
Thanks!! Jul 29, 2009

I came across with your topic and it fitted my situation like a glove! I had the toughest week, thought about giving up (it's been seven years). It's really good to know we're not alone.
Thank you so much!

Pagine:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A few words of encouragement for freelance translators

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »