Thread poster: ELISABETH NINNI
ELISABETH NINNI
ELISABETH NINNI
Canada
Local time: 11:15
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Sep 24, 2012

The purpose of my message is to give an awkward information to all the colleagues who knew her and exchanged with her through this website or elsewhere. Our colleague Brenda Elizabeth Wood or MRS. WOOD on her PROZ profile, has passed away on May 31, 2012 after a brave three years struggling against a cancer. As her cousin, translator and also a PROZ member, I would like to register this sad notice herewith to the ones that had the privilege of knowing this intelligent and dedicated translator an... See more
The purpose of my message is to give an awkward information to all the colleagues who knew her and exchanged with her through this website or elsewhere. Our colleague Brenda Elizabeth Wood or MRS. WOOD on her PROZ profile, has passed away on May 31, 2012 after a brave three years struggling against a cancer. As her cousin, translator and also a PROZ member, I would like to register this sad notice herewith to the ones that had the privilege of knowing this intelligent and dedicated translator and, above all, for her memory sake.

Elisabeth Ninni
PROZ Profile nr. 742378
Collapse

Suzan Hamer
Suzan Hamer  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 17:15
English
+ ...
I'm very sorry for your loss, Sep 24, 2012

Elisabeth. I did not know your cousin, but I can tell from your post that she meant a lot to you. I know losing someone close to you at a young age is painful. I read somewhere that the pain may not diminish, but you will eventually get used to it.

Mats Wiman
Mats Wiman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 17:15
Member (2000)
German to Swedish
+ ...
In memoriam
Indeed! Sep 24, 2012

I can't but agree with Suzan.

Mats Wiman

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
My condolences Sep 25, 2012

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. Please accept my condolences on behalf of the site team.

Someone will be in touch with you regarding Elizabeth's profile, in the interest of leaving a reminder of the contributions she made to others through this site.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 16:15
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
My condolences, Elisabeth! Sep 25, 2012

Extremely sorry to hear about your loss. Kind regards,

Teresa

ELISABETH NINNI
ELISABETH NINNI
Canada
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Very kind of you... Sep 25, 2012

Thank you all very much for interrupting your work for few minutes and care to send me your wise, comforting and soothing words. Your concern is well appreciated. I wish you all the best. Sincerely, Elisabeth

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Mrs. Wood is no longer among us...

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »