Thread poster: Mariann Makrai
Mariann Makrai
Mariann Makrai  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 09:03
Hungarian to Croatian
+ ...
Nov 1, 2015

I'm in search of a title deed of a flat (condominium ownership?) in English.
I have a document in CRoatian to be translated, but would like to gain insight into how these documents look exactly in England or USA.

Can you help with links to read such deeds and analyze them?

Thank you

philgoddard
philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
Why don't you Nov 1, 2015

Google it?

Mariann Makrai
Mariann Makrai  Identity Verified
Croatia
Hungarian to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
already done that Nov 1, 2015

Google doesnt provide satisfactory choices.
Any document concerning a flat ownership would be helpful.

Google is always the first thing to check. I know that.

Adrian MM. (X)
Adrian MM. (X)
French to English
+ ...
Commonhold in the UK/Condo in the US Nov 1, 2015

The situation in the UK is governed by the Commonhold & Leasehold Reform Act 2002.

Commonhold is very rare: http://www.homewardlegal.co.uk/blog/i’m-buying-commonhold-property-what-does-mean

'Commoner' - as in my case back in West London - is a share of freehold run by any freehold company set up by the leaseholders and a lease
... See more
The situation in the UK is governed by the Commonhold & Leasehold Reform Act 2002.

Commonhold is very rare: http://www.homewardlegal.co.uk/blog/i’m-buying-commonhold-property-what-does-mean

'Commoner' - as in my case back in West London - is a share of freehold run by any freehold company set up by the leaseholders and a lease extension from 99 to 999 years. The latter is in fact the hallmark of a 'freehold'. This is where IMO the lines start getting blurred between a long lease, a commonhold and a freehold.

The docs. include a 1. a Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Freehold Co. plus 2. a Commonhold Community Statement https://www.7side.co.uk/index.cfm?alias=commonhold

The latter is what, I am sure Phil G. will agree, you should be Googling.

[Edited at 2015-11-02 07:27 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

title deed in english

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »