Comparable texts: Tourist/Historical Texts
Thread poster: wolves224
wolves224
wolves224
United Kingdom
German to English
May 6, 2015

Hi guys,

I'm new to ProZ and would like the community's help for a Masters project I am undertaking. Basically, I am translating some article from a German city's online "Lexikon" from German to English.

They are, essentially, entries that discuss the city's history and culture in German, that I am translating for tourism purposes.

I am wondering if anyone out there has some experience of doing something similar? Taking extended German pieces that refer to
... See more
Hi guys,

I'm new to ProZ and would like the community's help for a Masters project I am undertaking. Basically, I am translating some article from a German city's online "Lexikon" from German to English.

They are, essentially, entries that discuss the city's history and culture in German, that I am translating for tourism purposes.

I am wondering if anyone out there has some experience of doing something similar? Taking extended German pieces that refer to a specific region/area and translating them for an English target audience (with all the adapting that this entails)? Or do you know of websites where this has been done?

I'm just looking for similar texts so I can gauge the level of explanation needed and an appropriate tone.

Many thanks.

[Edited at 2015-05-06 14:57 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Comparable texts: Tourist/Historical Texts

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »