Google translator toolkit - experiences (specially re. websites)?
Thread poster: Ramon Somoza
Ramon Somoza
Ramon Somoza  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:55
Dutch to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 5, 2011

I've been asked to post an article in my blog (www.seo-translator.com) about how good/how bad the Google Translator Toolkit (http://translate.google.com/toolkit ) really is for the translation of web pages.

I've done a test with a few pages, but before posting the final article, I'd like some feedbac
... See more
I've been asked to post an article in my blog (www.seo-translator.com) about how good/how bad the Google Translator Toolkit (http://translate.google.com/toolkit ) really is for the translation of web pages.

I've done a test with a few pages, but before posting the final article, I'd like some feedback from other fellow translators on the GTT (mind you, on the adequacy of the tool and technical issues, not on things like privacy, etc, which is not the purpose of the article).

I'd prefer opinions on the actual translation of web pages with the GTT, but experiences with other texts are also welcome.

When I post the final result, including your inputs, I'll provide a link to the published article.

[Editado a las 2011-08-05 16:10 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Google translator toolkit - experiences (specially re. websites)?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »