Thread poster: Hinara
Hinara
Hinara  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:53
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 28, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of Translators Town (TranslatorsTown dot com)? It looks like a translator directory but there is something about it that makes me question its legitimacy. Anyone familiar with it?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Njabulo Nkambule
ahmed monsour
Saurabh Khandait

Witold Chocholski
Witold Chocholski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 11:53
English to Polish
+ ...
Nothing really exciting Sep 29, 2010

I registered myself there a few years ago. I have never received any serious offer in my language pair via this platform. Personally, I think it's a waste of time.

Njabulo Nkambule

Inga Petkelyte
Inga Petkelyte  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:53
Lithuanian to Portuguese
+ ...
I doubt Sep 29, 2010

I registered myslef with them some time ago, don't remember for what reason, and still count as a member.

The only reminder was the notification of a job "60.000 words for USD 300".

No more comments.

Alexandra Liashchenko
Alexandra Liashchenko
United States
Local time: 05:53
English to Russian
+ ...
A few years ago? Dec 10, 2015

Witold Chocholski wrote:

I registered myself there a few years ago. I have never received any serious offer in my language pair via this platform. Personally, I think it's a waste of time.

I thought they made a presentation only at the last virtual event! Thought they were brand new.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translators Town

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »