O G V
O G V
Spain
Member (2006)
French to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 4, 2023

Hello

I opened this question and it is not appearing in the KudoZ list.
https://www.proz.com/kudoz/english/other/7126217-an-area-of-approximately-50000-***-meters.html
I deleted a previous version as it had a mistake in the title. I wonder if that is the reason for not being in the list.

I repeated the question but is n
... See more
Hello

I opened this question and it is not appearing in the KudoZ list.
https://www.proz.com/kudoz/english/other/7126217-an-area-of-approximately-50000-***-meters.html
I deleted a previous version as it had a mistake in the title. I wonder if that is the reason for not being in the list.

I repeated the question but is not appearing too https://www.proz.com/kudoz/english/other/7126220-50000-***-meters.html

Link are working properly, but question is not in the list.

Thanks in advance for your help and sorry for repetition

OGV

I paste here the question in case you can help as it is a delivery due tonight:

Thanks

Greetings!

is the same subtitle I asked about before.

I am working with what seems to be an automatic transcription:

This draft script shows "an area of approximately 50,000 square meters".

But the woman speaking clearly says another thing: "an area of approximately 50,000 ***twenty/twendy*** meters...".

The rest of the sentence has no relevance to decide or clarify.

There is other part where a man says the same.

They say other thing, not square, but would it be a synonym of square and "metros cuadrados/m²" is ok? Or what they say?

Thanks in advance for your assistance

Audio files in the cloud here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnSGX1lfhyF6mneqTzNFoXsUXqtQ?e=SepRbq

M4a and mp3 formats ▲ Collapse
Collapse

Mr. Satan (X)
Mr. Satan (X)
English to Indonesian
??? Apr 4, 2023

I’m hearing “fifty thousand square meter(s)” in both sound clips. It is possible that I'm the one being obtuse here, but I failed to see the problem.

[Edited at 2023-04-04 08:30 GMT]

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:51
English to Russian
Must be in English Apr 4, 2023

Most probably your posts keep removed because they were in Spanish. Posts must be in English unless you publish them in a dedicated Spanish forum.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:51
English to Russian
50,000-m² area vs 50,000 m² Apr 4, 2023

What regards your audio file, she says "approximately fifty thousand square meter area". The word 'meter' is singular here, probably that is why you hear "twenty" or whatever else you hear.
The male voice says 'There are more than fifty thousand square meters dedicated...' Plural here because there is no word 'area' after 'meters'.

[Edited at 2023-04-04 08:36 GMT]

Mr. Satan (X)

O G V
O G V
Spain
Member (2006)
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks for your assistance in this Apr 6, 2023

i found the kudoz was not appearing because it is an English question, not bilingual as my filters accept. The kudoz was there but it didn't appear on my list.

Regards/saludos

OGV

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

help with an audio file transcription

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »