How important is it to see the Control Panel?
ناشر الموضوع: Krys Williams
Krys Williams
Krys Williams  Identity Verified
المملكة المتحدة
Local time: 16:44
عضو (2003)
بولندي إلى أنجليزي
+ ...
Oct 12, 2006

I'm asking, because so far I have not managed to view the Control Panel properly on my web site. The page starts to download, but is so slow that it times out before the icons appear. I have tried clicking around the front page of it to see if I can get inside, but again the download is so slow that nothing happens. I guess my connection/computer must be too slow? I only have 1Mb broadband.

I'd like to know if Control Panel is necessary in setting up a web site here. Due to the slo
... See more
I'm asking, because so far I have not managed to view the Control Panel properly on my web site. The page starts to download, but is so slow that it times out before the icons appear. I have tried clicking around the front page of it to see if I can get inside, but again the download is so slow that nothing happens. I guess my connection/computer must be too slow? I only have 1Mb broadband.

I'd like to know if Control Panel is necessary in setting up a web site here. Due to the slow downloading problem, I've not been able to look at it. The manual for it is also very slow, but just looking at the contents list makes me think I'm not going to understand much of what is inside anyway.

However, I don't really want to use the wizard to make a site here. Is there a way I can get other web pages up on my site, use ftp with it and possibly email without going into Control Panel?
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
فنلندا
Local time: 18:44
عضو (2003)
فنلندي إلى ألماني
+ ...
You can use any ftp-program you want Oct 12, 2006

I use WS-FTP for or uploading.
If the control panel loads too slowly your connection may be too slow or something else is wrong. 1 Mb should be more than sufficient. But perhaps your firewall wants to check each and every item for viruses? What security software do you use?
Regards
Heinrich

justin C
justin C
الولايات المتحدة
Local time: 11:44
أنجليزي
It may be a bad connection between your ISP and our internet provider Oct 12, 2006

Hi Krys!

1 MB broadband should be fine for accessing your CPanel account. But the problem may be that your internet service provider uses bad 'routes' to get to the ProZ.com servers. Many times you can call your ISP and explain the problem, and they can take some steps with their IT folks to correct the problem.

You can use a FTP program (like WS-FTP, or LeapFTP, or CuteFTP) to connect to your hosting account and upload your files. Just make sure you put your files in t
... See more
Hi Krys!

1 MB broadband should be fine for accessing your CPanel account. But the problem may be that your internet service provider uses bad 'routes' to get to the ProZ.com servers. Many times you can call your ISP and explain the problem, and they can take some steps with their IT folks to correct the problem.

You can use a FTP program (like WS-FTP, or LeapFTP, or CuteFTP) to connect to your hosting account and upload your files. Just make sure you put your files in the 'public_html' directory. You would connect to ftp.yourdomain.com with your primary hosting account login and password.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Justin
Collapse

Krys Williams
المملكة المتحدة
عضو (2003)
بولندي إلى أنجليزي
+ ...
بادئ الموضوع
thank you Oct 12, 2006

Thank you for your suggestions and advice.

Heinrich, I use Zone Alarm Internet Suite for security.

Justin, my ISP is notorious for its poor customer support and unhelpful helplne! However, from your answer it appears that I can bypass the Control Panel, which is fine by me

Krys Williams
المملكة المتحدة
عضو (2003)
بولندي إلى أنجليزي
+ ...
بادئ الموضوع
Control Panel doesn't like Firefox Oct 13, 2006

I finally succumbed and put on Internet Explorer and was able to get into Control Panel. Am entering this here for anyone else who might be looking for information about this problem.

Cassandra Greer
Cassandra Greer  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:44
ألماني إلى أنجليزي
+ ...
couldn't do with IE either Oct 16, 2007

Krys Williams wrote:

I finally succumbed and put on Internet Explorer and was able to get into Control Panel. Am entering this here for anyone else who might be looking for information about this problem.

I haven't been able to get into my control panel or webmail for months but I haven't the energy to deal with it. As per your suggestion, I used IE - but no banana

I guess I will have to submit a ticket

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How important is it to see the Control Panel?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »