Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10] >
Dear colleague Allan Brown, MD, passed away
Thread poster: José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)
Hector Calabia
Hector Calabia  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:47
English to Spanish
+ ...
My sincerest condolences... Oct 8, 2003

... to colleague Karina for her grief. This was most untimely and unexpected, what makes your grief even deeper. And somehow, subconsciously, one may even think that doctors are spared from death, as they fight it every day. Rest in peace, Allan.

Lucinda Hollenberg
Lucinda Hollenberg  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:47
Dutch to English
+ ...
My Deepest Sympathies Oct 8, 2003

Dearest Karina,

My deepest sympathies. Please keep God and your loved ones close to your heart during this most difficult of times.

Through the pain, please do not forget to also always remember one one or more of the wonderful things the two of you did together, special moments that you shared.

It will not take the hurt away, but I think that it will make it a bit less sharp.

God bless!
Lucinda

Rita Bandinelli
Rita Bandinelli
English to Italian
+ ...
Ciao, Allan! Oct 8, 2003

Karina,

Allan is not gone, he is and always be with you, close to you and your children, protecting you all.

My deepest sympathy.

Rita

xima
xima  Identity Verified
English to Catalan
+ ...
My deepest condolences Oct 8, 2003

Dear Karina,

While in this time of grief, try to keep yourself together for his memory, for your children, for yourself.
Now there will be always a candle burning tenderly in the sky and watching over you.
Love and simpathy,
Xima

Bilingualduo
Bilingualduo  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Dear Karina Oct 8, 2003

Deepest condolences to you and family.

Cristina & Bambi

Michael Powers (PhD)
Michael Powers (PhD)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:47
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dr. Brown continues living in our memory Oct 8, 2003

Karina, my deepest condolences for yours, ours, the worlds terrible loss.

From the beautiful, heartfelt words that have been expressed, it is apparent that your husband was needed because of his wonderful spirit. I learned this when my wife returned to God's arms when she was in her thirties also. At the time of her passing, our children were 9, 6, 4 and 1. I vividly recall, even though ten years ago, when our six year old asked her if she was going to die, she calmly answered yes,
... See more
Karina, my deepest condolences for yours, ours, the worlds terrible loss.

From the beautiful, heartfelt words that have been expressed, it is apparent that your husband was needed because of his wonderful spirit. I learned this when my wife returned to God's arms when she was in her thirties also. At the time of her passing, our children were 9, 6, 4 and 1. I vividly recall, even though ten years ago, when our six year old asked her if she was going to die, she calmly answered yes, we all die sooner or later. That does not make it any easier for us, the survivors, even though we all have faith that the day will come when we will be together again, this time spiritually.

However, life is more than our brief stay on this planet, and it is obvious that your husband made a significant positive impact on the many human beings' lives that he touched.

May God bless you, your children, family friends, and the world, which is a better place thanks to the wonderful albeit brief journey your husband has had and continues having on this earth in our memories.

[Edited at 2003-10-08 12:14]

[Edited at 2003-10-09 00:58]
Collapse

PRAKASH SHARMA
PRAKASH SHARMA  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 18:17
English to Hindi
+ ...
Sincere Condolences Oct 8, 2003

My sincere condolences to the deceased family and friends. Being an important part of proz community, everyone from proz community'd spare few moments praying to god for his soul.

-PRAKASH SHARMA
(Freelance translator for the languages English, Hindi, Nepali and Sanskrit to four of the same)
New Delhi, India

verbis
verbis
German to Italian
+ ...
In memoriam
my sincere condolences Oct 8, 2003

to Allan's family and friends

Laura

[Edited at 2003-10-08 23:56]

[Edited at 2003-10-08 23:58]

Krystrad
Krystrad
English to French
sincere condolences Oct 8, 2003

i didn't know allan but i am very sad to hear such bad news. All my thoughts to Karina and the family.

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
My deepest sympathy and heartfelt condolences... Oct 8, 2003

...go to you, Karina, the two kids and all other members of your families. What an untimely and tragic event! But rest assured that we are with you in these times of grief.

I never got to know Allan personally or via ProZ/KudoZ exchanges but am sure from all the comments that he contributed to the community in an outstanding manner. May he rest in peace.

(I've got a hunch how you might feel at this very moment as I lost my father, then 44, when I was thirteen.)
<
... See more
...go to you, Karina, the two kids and all other members of your families. What an untimely and tragic event! But rest assured that we are with you in these times of grief.

I never got to know Allan personally or via ProZ/KudoZ exchanges but am sure from all the comments that he contributed to the community in an outstanding manner. May he rest in peace.

(I've got a hunch how you might feel at this very moment as I lost my father, then 44, when I was thirteen.)

Steffen
Collapse

Araksia Sarkisian
Araksia Sarkisian  Identity Verified
Poland
Armenian to Polish
+ ...
Rest in peace... Oct 8, 2003

My sincere condolences to Karina... We all are with you in this very sad and difficult time for you.

Hans Gärtner
Hans Gärtner  Identity Verified
German to Spanish
+ ...
My sincere condolences Oct 8, 2003

to Karina for this untimely death.

Hans

Catherine Bolton
Catherine Bolton  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
We are with you Oct 8, 2003

I was so sorry to hear this tragic news.
Please know that you are in the prayers of all the friends and acquaintances you have made here.

claudia bagnardi
claudia bagnardi  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:47
English to Spanish
+ ...
Ever so sad news... Oct 8, 2003

Rest in peace, Alan.
A big kiss to Karina and let God give comfort to her soul.
Claudia

Sébastien Penault
Sébastien Penault  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Condolences Oct 8, 2003

Sincere condolences to Allan's wife and family.

Sébastien Penault

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10] >

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Dear colleague Allan Brown, MD, passed away

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »