Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 12:46
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
May 13, 2003

In the latest bunch of Trados rtf files I received from a regular client, I bump into the same error message over and over again:

\"Invalid record reference in\".

I have no what this refers to, what I experience is that the particular segment won\'t open.

Related to this problem is that I normally translate Trados files by means of Deja Vu. For this purpose I need to pretranslate the Trados files in Trados (using the \"Translate\" command), but I get the same error
... See more
In the latest bunch of Trados rtf files I received from a regular client, I bump into the same error message over and over again:

\"Invalid record reference in\".

I have no what this refers to, what I experience is that the particular segment won\'t open.

Related to this problem is that I normally translate Trados files by means of Deja Vu. For this purpose I need to pretranslate the Trados files in Trados (using the \"Translate\" command), but I get the same error message here as well.

Any ideas what I can do about this? Thank you...
Collapse

Christina Clark
Christina Clark  Identity Verified
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
Maybe this will help... May 13, 2003

Invalid record reference (error 31101)

The Reorganise command (File menu)

Cause

There is a problem with the database and its fuzzy index files.

Resolution

Use the Reorganise command to repair the translation memory. Alternatively, export it into a text file and reimport into a new translation memory.

Use this command to tidy up the translation memory and its associated neural network files.... See more
Invalid record reference (error 31101)

The Reorganise command (File menu)

Cause

There is a problem with the database and its fuzzy index files.

Resolution

Use the Reorganise command to repair the translation memory. Alternatively, export it into a text file and reimport into a new translation memory.

Use this command to tidy up the translation memory and its associated neural network files.

Translation memories should be reorganised on a regular basis to keep Translator\'s Workbench running as efficiently as possible. It is recommended that you reorganise every time the translation memory grows by 500 translation units. To find out how many translation units have been added since the last reorganisation, use the Properties command from the File menu.

The Reorganise command is only available when you open the translation memory in exclusive access mode. For users of TRADOS 5.5 Freelance, Translator\'s Workbench automatically opens each translation memory in exclusive mode.

The process of reorganisation involves:

1. Analysis of the existing translation units and their fuzzy images in the neural network files

2. Re-loading this data into the neural network database files

During reorganisation, Translator\'s Workbench displays progress information on the status bar.

See Also

Translation Memory Files

Translation Memory Properties

Taken From: Translator\'s Workbench Help, (c) 1994-2002 TRADOS Ireland Ltd., Dublin, Ireland.

Hope it helps..

Christina

Collapse

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Resolved May 13, 2003

Dear Christina,

Thank you for your response. In fact, I just wanted to post a \"Resolved\" note after I found the solution here:

http://support.trados.com/faq.asp#485

Regards,

Csaba

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados message: \"Invalid record reference in\"

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »