投稿者: Rosie Shaddock
Rosie Shaddock
Rosie Shaddock  Identity Verified
英国
英語 から スペイン語
+ ...
Jul 21, 2009

Hi everyone,

An agency has approached me to ask if I could adapt Iberic Spanish subtitles into LA Spanish but I have no idea how much to charge for this.

Would it be OK to charge the same as per programme minute of subtitles translation or should I consider this particular job as a kind of proof-reading and go lower than the normal translation rate for subtitles to get the job?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Rosie

Mariana Hauber
Mariana Hauber
アルゼンチン
Local time: 06:30
英語 から スペイン語
+ ...
I would charge as if it were a proofreading job Jul 21, 2009

hi Rosie
If I were you, I'd charge as if it were a proofreading job.
Cheers!
Mariana

Rosie Shaddock
Rosie Shaddock  Identity Verified
英国
英語 から スペイン語
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks.. Jul 21, 2009

Thanks Mariana.

As a matter of fact I did't even get the chance to quote for this job properly as yesterday there was a power cut over a huge area where I live that lasted first for 12 hours and then for 7 more hours and they have said that I can still happen within the next day or so. It was all due to vandalism http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8159620.stm (and
... See more
Thanks Mariana.

As a matter of fact I did't even get the chance to quote for this job properly as yesterday there was a power cut over a huge area where I live that lasted first for 12 hours and then for 7 more hours and they have said that I can still happen within the next day or so. It was all due to vandalism http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8159620.stm (and this is the UK we're talking about!), so I couldn't use my computer at all during those hours… I actually found out about this job yesterday just before midnight before going to sleep when luckily the power came back briefly (they had sent me the message at 1.30 pm) and it was when I got the chance to post the message in this forum. It was more a case of wishful thinking on my part I guess, as they wouldn't wait for my reply the whole week, of course (we just got electricity back again a few minutes ago)…

When I contacted the agency this morning, they said that (obviously) they gave the job to someone else who was available at the time. However, they gave me the rate I should have otherwise charged in case I got the job and said they will call me for future jobs. And yes, of course you were right, it's more or less the equivalent to a rate you would charge for proof-reading. Never mind…

¡Gracias de nuevo y saludos desde el RU!

Rosie
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rate for Iberic Spanish subtitles to be adapted into LA Spanish

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »