Thread poster: jimpro
jimpro
jimpro  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:24
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 26, 2006

I'm using Trados Team Pro 7.1.

Using the Story Collector for InDesign CS, I exported the InDesign file to the ISC format. I then created a TTX file which I gave to the translator as a test before doing the real job. The translator gave me back the TTX file and in Tag Editor, I chose "Save Target As..." and it created a ISC file. I then used "Import" and imported it back into InDesign CS. The graphics are missing throughout. There is just a blue number sign where the graphics sh
... See more
I'm using Trados Team Pro 7.1.

Using the Story Collector for InDesign CS, I exported the InDesign file to the ISC format. I then created a TTX file which I gave to the translator as a test before doing the real job. The translator gave me back the TTX file and in Tag Editor, I chose "Save Target As..." and it created a ISC file. I then used "Import" and imported it back into InDesign CS. The graphics are missing throughout. There is just a blue number sign where the graphics should appear. Did I do something wrong?

I even opened the TTX file I gave the translator into Microsoft Word XP to see if I could tell if the graphics are being accessed. As best as I can tell, I don't see references to the graphics in the TTX file.

Do you know how this Story Collector deals with graphics in the export/import of the ISC files? Otherwise, I guess we need to copy/paste the graphics from the English back into the different languages.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jim Cottrell
Project Manager
ProTranslations
[email protected]
http://www.protranslations.com
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:24
English to German
+ ...
Moving the topic... Apr 26, 2006

...to SDL Trados Support - please use this forum to post topics related to SDL and/or Trados.

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
InDesign Problem Apr 27, 2006

Hello,

Strory Collector uses the Indesign Text export/import functions. There are problems with the inline graphics, which will disappear after the conversion.

I believe, that the problem is solved with the new conversion from InDesign CS2 and Trados 7.5 over the INX file format.

In the old version (Story Collector) you have to copy each inline graphic from the source file into the translated files.

Hans

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Used linked graphics Apr 27, 2006

DSC wrote:
Story Collector uses the Indesign Text export/import functions. There are problems with the inline graphics, which will disappear after the conversion.

I believe, that the problem is solved with the new conversion from InDesign CS2 and Trados 7.5 over the INX file format.

In the old version (Story Collector) you have to copy each inline graphic from the source file into the translated files.

Hans

AFAIR, the documentation strongly encourages the InDesign CS layouter to use linked-in images and graphics, exactly for the reason mentioned here.
As long as you do that, and place the file in the same catalogue during re-import, it's easier for you to re-link the objects.

Maybe of little use now, for a document that has already been layouted?!

But for future jobs, tell me if that helps, or if you still have trouble.

/Jan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Missing graphics when importing ISC files back into InDesign CS

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »