Why is Trados not recognizing texts I have translated before?
Thread poster: Constance Mannshardt
Constance Mannshardt
Constance Mannshardt  Identity Verified
Brazil
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Apr 22, 2006

I migrated to a new computer (Windows XP, Office 2003 and Trados 7) and everything on my new computer looks just like it looked on my old. I think that I haven't configurated the Tm options (now term recognition on 70%) properly, since I am am translating TUs I know almost by heart and Trados is not recognizing them!
Any ideas of what to do?
Thank you!

Anette Herbert
Anette Herbert  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:33
English to Swedish
+ ...
Check settings Apr 22, 2006

I think that I haven't configurated the Tm options (now term recognition on 70%) properly, since I am am translating TUs I know almost by heart and Trados is not recognizing them!

Hi!

If you haven't check this already, make sure that you have set the
term recognition correctly both under Options-Term recognition options (for correct language, as I see you do several languages) and also that recognition is "on" under Options and just make sure there that Term recognition is ticked (or press Ctrl R).

Good luck

Anette

Constance Mannshardt
Constance Mannshardt  Identity Verified
Brazil
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, this was all OK! Apr 22, 2006

Term recognition is on, correct languages are selected and it should work. But it still doesn't!

Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:33
Member (2003)
German to French
TUs and Terms Apr 22, 2006

Hi !

You should make the distinction between TUs stored in the Translation Memory, and the terms contained in the Termbase (Term recognition).

I think you refer here to TUs, isn't it?
Just check in the Workbench : Options, Translation Memory Options, General. Set the "minimum match value" to the value of your choice. This should do the trick.

HTH,
Sylvain

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why is Trados not recognizing texts I have translated before?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »