Hander Heim  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 12:53
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Apr 20, 2006

Hi there,

I'm using SDL Edit 2003 Build 33.

I'm running a project with other 3 translators and they all have the same software and files and I do.

I've opened a translation memory here and in my computer it works and gives me fuzzy suggestions. However, in theirs, it does not!!!

Don't know what might have gone wrong.

Does anyone have an idea of how to check why that's happening? Any step-by-step process to make a TM working to give
... See more
Hi there,

I'm using SDL Edit 2003 Build 33.

I'm running a project with other 3 translators and they all have the same software and files and I do.

I've opened a translation memory here and in my computer it works and gives me fuzzy suggestions. However, in theirs, it does not!!!

Don't know what might have gone wrong.

Does anyone have an idea of how to check why that's happening? Any step-by-step process to make a TM working to give fuzzy suggestions?

Thanks a whole lot in advance,

- Hander. ;c)
Collapse

Stefanie Sendelbach
Stefanie Sendelbach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:53
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Concordance settings Apr 20, 2006

Hi Hander,

Have you tried comparing your Concordance settings under Tools > Options? Another setting you might like to compare with your colleagues is that in the Translation Memory tab (also Tools > Options). Different numbers here make your TM react to different percentage matches.

Hope this helps.

Good luck,
Stefanie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem having SDLx TM to give fuzzy suggestions

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »