Translating DOC with TagEditor
Thread poster: Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:03
German to Spanish
Apr 10, 2006

Someone can tell me how is that possible?

I open a doc in TagEditor.

I translate it without problem
I save it as TTX and as Target
Looks OK
I make a Clean-up in my TM
I analyze in the TM the source DOC and...

I get 150 NO Match!!

How is that possible?

TTX is OK, all greens
and the saved target DOC is OK too but the TM seems not to "take" the segments (or some of them)

Some advice?... See more
Someone can tell me how is that possible?

I open a doc in TagEditor.

Looks OK
I make a Clean-up in my TM
I analyze in the TM the source DOC and...

I get 150 NO Match!!

How is that possible?

TTX is OK, all greens
and the saved target DOC is OK too but the TM seems not to "take" the segments (or some of them)

Some advice?

Thanks

Trados 7.1.
Collapse

heikeb
heikeb  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 16:03
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
formatting tags Apr 10, 2006

Ì think it might be due to the formatting tags that are part of the segments in TE, but not in Word.

Fernando Toledo
Spain
German to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Yes Apr 10, 2006

Heike Behl, Ph.D. wrote:

Ì think it might be due to the formatting tags that are part of the segments in TE, but not in Word.

I have started to translate in Word the same file and some segments are not the equal s the ready made translation in TagEditor, so this is the reason, anyway it is good to know, cause that can make some trouble in the analysis of future projects (but I think is a good thing for translators)

[Edited at 2006-04-10 17:47]

Erik Hansson
Erik Hansson  Identity Verified
Germany
Swedish
+ ...
ttx & target? Apr 10, 2006

Fernando Toledo wrote:

Trados 7.1.

Hi Toledo,

I am a user of Trados 6.5 so I might not be the right person to give advices however I'm wondering why you save the doc file as target. Saving a file in TagEditor as target gives the same result as Trados & Word and clean-up afterwards.

When working with Trados & TagEditor, you normally save the file as bilingual during your work, and when you are finished and are happy with the result you can simply save as target > text with just the translation.

I think this can be the reason for no match, because your TM needs to compare with matches in a source text, and not in a target text. Hope this wasn't too confusing...

Erik

Erik Hansson ( SFÖ )
Technical translator DE-SV
Hansson Übersetzungen GmbH
Am Birkenwäldchen 38
D-01900 Bretnig-Hauswalde, Germany
Phone +49 - 3 59 52 - 321 07
Fax +49 - 3 59 52 - 322 02
E-Mail [email protected]
Internet www.hansson.de
Internet www.technical-translators.net
Internet www.wintitus.de
ProZ profile http://www.proz.com/pro/21654

[Edited at 2006-04-10 16:22]

Fernando Toledo
Spain
German to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
It is OK Apr 10, 2006

Erik Hansson wrote:

I think this can be the reason for no match, because your TM needs to compare with matches in a source text, and not in a target text. Hope this wasn't too confusing...

Erik

I repeat.

I translate a doc with Tageditor.
I make a clean-up with the TTX file

and after that I analyse the source file, in theory muss be all 100% or almost 100% (cause penalties or tags) but I get a lot of No Match.

The reason is that Workbench make different segments with a Word file than Tageditor with the "prepared" word file.

So if you have to translate a very similar Word file based in this TM in Workbench (direct with Word) you will not get a lot of 100% TUs, only if you translate it with Tageditor, and that is good for the translator in a analysis but I don't think the client can understand why a so similar file has not more 100% TUs

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating DOC with TagEditor

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »