Sofia Ortega
Sofia Ortega
Spain
Local time: 11:19
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 21, 2006

Hi everyone!

One of my new clients wanted to have their website translated into Spanish and asked me for an estimated budget.
I have recently purchased Trados for freelancers (7.0) and I am not quite sure if I can get Trados to count the words of the whole website. Is this possible at all? Can I translated the whole website usinf TagEditor? Help please!!

A frustrated Trados learner

Olaf (X)
Olaf (X)
English to German
Trados has built-in html support Feb 22, 2006

In order to do a html file word count all you have to do is create a new translation memory and analyze the HTML files with it. Trados will use the default html tag settings file (HTML4.ini) for the analysis. HTML files can be translated directly with Tag Editor.

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 12:19
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Yes you can Feb 22, 2006

But make sure the client sends you all the files as attachement, because otherwise you cannot know which files need to be translated.
Follow the pdf-manual File formats reference guide, to be found in the doc-folder of you Trados-installation.
Regards
Heinrich

avsie (X)
avsie (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
TagEditor Feb 22, 2006

Hi Sofia,

As the others have said, just have him send all the files that he needs translated and do a regular Trados analysis.

For translation, just use TagEditor

Groetjes
Marie-Claude

Sofia Ortega
Sofia Ortega
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks everybody Feb 24, 2006

Hi there!

Thanks for your help, I am currently waiting for the famous files to be sent by my client, I will use your advice when I finally get them!

Regards,

Sofia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados: using .htm and .html files

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »