Thread poster: Gabriele Jabouri
Gabriele Jabouri
Gabriele Jabouri  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:48
German to English
+ ...
Nov 24, 2005

Hello,

I am using Trados 6.5. The problem is that I can see special charactars in the TagEditor windows, but when I print the text the printer prints the special characters (in my case German Umlauts) as garbage characters. Since this occurs ONLY in Tag Editor, not in Workbench or any other program I have, it must be realated to Tag Editor. I have searched high and low for what setting it could be, but have had no success. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!
Gabr
... See more
Hello,

I am using Trados 6.5. The problem is that I can see special charactars in the TagEditor windows, but when I print the text the printer prints the special characters (in my case German Umlauts) as garbage characters. Since this occurs ONLY in Tag Editor, not in Workbench or any other program I have, it must be realated to Tag Editor. I have searched high and low for what setting it could be, but have had no success. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!
Gabriele
Collapse

Dr. Janos Annus (X)
Dr. Janos Annus (X)  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 11:48
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Same with Workbencs Nov 25, 2005

I have similar problem with Workbench with the characters with two commas on top (long versions of the umlaut wowels in Hungarian). Instead of the " it puts the ~ sign. Very cumbersome to change manually. Besides, then the TM is not correct. Trados should do something about it.... for that money we paid.

Janos

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor does not print special chars

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »