Rui Domingues  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 23:25
French to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 23

Hello,

I was wondering if someone experienced the same problem and how to resolve it:

I had to uninstall Trados Studio 2021, but when trying to reinstall it I get the following error message: "Setup detected a higher version of this product already installed".

The program is not installed and there are no other versions of Studio installed, but I keep getting the same message...

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Many thanks in advanc
... See more
Hello,

I had to uninstall Trados Studio 2021, but when trying to reinstall it I get the following error message: "Setup detected a higher version of this product already installed".

The program is not installed and there are no other versions of Studio installed, but I keep getting the same message...

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Collapse

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Please try this: Jan 23

Rui Domingues wrote:

Hello,

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Have you tried to install the latest version of Trados Studio 2021?
I use Trados Studio 2022, but please check the cumulative update for Trados Studio 2021 here and try to install it:

https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=CUs-Studio2021SR2

See also this solution:

Setup detected a higher version of this product already installed. If you still wish to install this version, you must remove the other version first.

https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000013220

Bartosz Kurkiewicz
Bartosz Kurkiewicz
Poland
Local time: 00:25
English to Polish
+ ...
. Jan 23

Could be some leftover junk in the system registry after you uninstalled.
You might locate and delete the keys manually with regedit, but I reckon that's not the answer you're looking for.

Personally, I use a combo of the freeware tools: Revo Uninstaller and CCleaner, they're decent at finding all the junk that's sometimes left out by regular uninstallers. I'd start with CCleaner, its registry sweep might be sufficient to fix your issue, but it also has an uninstall function u
... See more
Could be some leftover junk in the system registry after you uninstalled.
You might locate and delete the keys manually with regedit, but I reckon that's not the answer you're looking for.

Personally, I use a combo of the freeware tools: Revo Uninstaller and CCleaner, they're decent at finding all the junk that's sometimes left out by regular uninstallers. I'd start with CCleaner, its registry sweep might be sufficient to fix your issue, but it also has an uninstall function under the "Tools" tab. If the old Trados entries are still visible on the list (which can be different from the built-in Windows uninstall), you should be able to run uninstall again from there.
Collapse

Rui Domingues
Portugal
French to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Partially solved Jan 23

Hi Sandra,

Thank you very much for your help.

I managed to install Studio 2021 again, but now I get another error "Failed to initialize view "Editor view".

This is a nightmare...

expressisverbis

Rui Domingues
Portugal
French to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Jan 23

Once again, thank you for your help.

Studio is working now. The problem was a plug-in.

expressisverbis

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I'm happy to know you solved it! Jan 23

Olá Rui!
Sorry for not showing up earlier... I'm reading your message just now.
I'm happy to know you solved that problem

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Setup detected a higher version

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »