Eve Schuttle (X)
Eve Schuttle (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:30
German to English
+ ...
Apr 13, 2005

Trados 6.5 Freelance

Hi All

When trying to open the TRADOStag file (supplied by the company)in TagEditor The following message was displayed: "Specify a DTD settings file for the HTML file."

I have only received the HTML file, the TRADOStag file and the TM text file from the company.

My TRADOS tutorial suggests to use a default HTML 4.0 DTD settings file which came with TRADOS when I purchased it. Will it be ok to use the default "HTML4.ini" f
... See more
Trados 6.5 Freelance

Hi All

When trying to open the TRADOStag file (supplied by the company)in TagEditor The following message was displayed: "Specify a DTD settings file for the HTML file."

I have only received the HTML file, the TRADOStag file and the TM text file from the company.

My TRADOS tutorial suggests to use a default HTML 4.0 DTD settings file which came with TRADOS when I purchased it. Will it be ok to use the default "HTML4.ini" file and will this file keep the settings as the company wishes it?
Thanks

Eve
Collapse

Parpalhol
Parpalhol  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:30
English to French
+ ...
You can trust Trados DTD settings file Apr 13, 2005

I have just encountered the same problem and I am using Trados predefined HTML settings (Tools Menu > DTD Settings > Predefined HTML settings).

Seems to be allright.

Good luck,

Jean-Michel

RWSTranslati (X)
RWSTranslati (X)
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Name changes from Trados 6 --> 6.5 Apr 13, 2005

Hello,

Trados has changed the name of the standard HTML ini (Intnerla TagEditor name).

You can manually choose your standard ini.

Hans

nrgetic
nrgetic  Identity Verified
Spain
Portuguese to Spanish
+ ...
ppt xml DTD settings Apr 14, 2005

Hi!

I'm experiencing almost the same problem but with an xml bilingual file from a ppt document...

I've used the wizard (Tools>DTD settings>add>Create a new DTD settings file using wizard) but I cannot finish the process for lack of DTD file.

How can I do this? I'm completely lost...

Thanks in advance!

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TTX? Apr 14, 2005

Hi Natalia,
I'm experiencing almost the same problem but with an xml bilingual file from a ppt document...

Would this be a TTX file?
If yes, you don't need a DTD, as TTX is the native Trados Tag format.

Did you create this file, or was it sent to you? In the latter case, how was it sent? What file extension(s) does the file have (.ppt.ttx, for example)?

Best, Ralf

nrgetic
Spain
Portuguese to Spanish
+ ...
reply to ralf :) Apr 14, 2005

Hi Ralf!

thanks for being always there!!

this file was sent to me, I did not create it... the file extension is .xml and it was sent to me as bilingual (.xml) and target (.ppt).

for reference, when I try to open it, there appears this message: "The DTD settings file (descriptive name: PPTXML) for this document could not be found. Las time this document was saved the settings file was (and there appears a path for an .ini file that no longer exists as it bel
... See more
Hi Ralf!

thanks for being always there!!

this file was sent to me, I did not create it... the file extension is .xml and it was sent to me as bilingual (.xml) and target (.ppt).

for reference, when I try to open it, there appears this message: "The DTD settings file (descriptive name: PPTXML) for this document could not be found. Las time this document was saved the settings file was (and there appears a path for an .ini file that no longer exists as it belonged to the files of a former user of this computer...) Would you like to locate it now and add it to the existing DTD settings files list?". If I say yes, it does not work because as I said, that file no longer exists, if I say no, the program says "No matching DTD settings file found".

Thanks again!!!
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TTX with incorrect file ending? Apr 14, 2005

Hi again,

I suspect that your e-mail client (which one are you using, BTW?) may have incorrectly saved a .ttx file as .xml.
(This has happened to me when downloading .ttx files using Internet Explorer, which 'recognised' TTX as XML - not altogether wrong, as TTX is XML-based, but not very helpful either...)

Can you open the file using a text editor? Does the file start with the following tags (pointed brackets omitted):

?xml version='1.0'?
TRADOStag Version="2.0"

If yes, replace the .xml extension with .ppt.ttx (use a copy of the file, to be on the safe side), and try opening it in TagEditor.

HTH, Ralf

nrgetic
Spain
Portuguese to Spanish
+ ...
Still doesn't work :( Apr 15, 2005

Hi Ralf,

I use Lotus Notes to download my mail...

The file actually begins with

?xml version='1.0'?
TRADOStag Version="2.0"

and I have, therefore, made the change you suggested in the file extension, but still does not work. The tag editor continues to show that very message I copied in my first comment, and cannot open the file...

Thanks!

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Which version? Apr 15, 2005

Hi Natalia,
Which Trados version are you working on (full version number, please)?

Best, Ralf

Eve Schuttle (X)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked but not perfectly! Apr 16, 2005

Parpalhol wrote:

I have just encountered the same problem and I am using Trados predefined HTML settings (Tools Menu > DTD Settings > Predefined HTML settings).

Seems to be allright.

Good luck,

Jean-Michel

Hi

After the translation, when viewing the .html document (target) everything has been translated apart from the two main headings at the top.

When opening the bilingual file .ttx (TRADOStag)the headings which appear on the .html do not appear in the bilingual file. So there is no option for translating it???

Eve

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Text or graphics? Apr 16, 2005

Hi Eve,
After the translation, when viewing the .html document (target) everything has been translated apart from the two main headings at the top.

When opening the bilingual file .ttx (TRADOStag)the headings which appear on the .html do not appear in the bilingual file. So there is no option for translating it???

Are these headings text or embedded as a graphics file?

Best, Ralf

Eve Schuttle (X)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Text and graphics Apr 16, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Eve,

Are these headings text or embedded as a graphics file?

Best, Ralf

Hi Ralf,

The headings are text and graphics. For example, there is a company slogan and in between a graphic.

Thanks

Eve

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Non-translatable text? Apr 17, 2005

Hi again,
The headings are text and graphics. For example, there is a company slogan and in between a graphic.

Could it be that the text is embedded in a graphics file, together with logo (or whatever is displayed in there)? Can you copy and paste the headings from the HTML file?

Cheers, Ralf

Eve Schuttle (X)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not able to select text Apr 18, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi again,

Could it be that the text is embedded in a graphics file, together with logo (or whatever is displayed in there)? Can you copy and paste the headings from the HTML file?

Cheers, Ralf

Hi Ralf

I am not able to select the heading text even if I open it in the editing application in word.

Thanks

Eve

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Graphics... Apr 18, 2005

Hi Eve,
I am not able to select the heading text even if I open it in the editing application in word.

This would confirm my suspicion that the heading was embedded in a graphics file - that's why Workbench cannot pick it up.

Cheers, Ralf

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DTD settings file

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »