Thread poster: hyjwonder
hyjwonder
hyjwonder  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:57
English to Chinese
+ ...
May 12, 2009

Hi, everyone,

I am representing Solid Translation Office (www.solidtranslation.com). Recently we just finished transcription and translating some English interview videos into Japanese. Could you advise a reasonable rate for Japanese subtitling. The key facts:

1. The project consists of 4 videos each lasting 1.5hrs, total 6hrs. we already finished transcription and translated it
... See more
Hi, everyone,

I am representing Solid Translation Office (www.solidtranslation.com). Recently we just finished transcription and translating some English interview videos into Japanese. Could you advise a reasonable rate for Japanese subtitling. The key facts:

1. The project consists of 4 videos each lasting 1.5hrs, total 6hrs. we already finished transcription and translated it from English into Japanese. So the job is to subtitle the Japanese text into the videos (No English subtitles provided, and must use Adobe Premier or other software which could guarantee professional result, you must be bilingual and may also need to segment the Japanese text to match the screens)

2. Our transcription shows that for the English speed is arround 11600 words / hr (too fast?), and the corresponding Japanese speed is 28000 words / hr.

3. I checked the forum that some are proposing 5-7USD/audio min (does it include translating?), does it make sense? 'cause the interview speech seems to be faster than films.

4. Do you have an idea of how many hrs it will take for subtitling one video?

If you are interested and capable of this project, I may send you one video for sample.

Thank you for your help!

[Edited at 2009-05-12 12:04 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-05-12 12:06 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What could be a reasonable rate for 6hr Japanese subtitling

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »