Adobe Digital Editions or other viewer for ebooks (with DRM)
Thread poster: beronike
beronike
beronike
Spain
Local time: 21:46
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 14, 2021

Hello,
This is the situation.
I bought a grammar ebook. I thought it would be easier to handle and hoped that I could type specific terms in the search field and get the results (like you do with a PDF viewer, for example, that you can see also even a small context).

There's a search field in Adobe Digital Editions. However, it won't display all the results, so you have to click the right and left arrows to navigate through the results.

Does anybody know if
... See more
Hello,
This is the situation.
I bought a grammar ebook. I thought it would be easier to handle and hoped that I could type specific terms in the search field and get the results (like you do with a PDF viewer, for example, that you can see also even a small context).

There's a search field in Adobe Digital Editions. However, it won't display all the results, so you have to click the right and left arrows to navigate through the results.

Does anybody know if there is a different reader (able to deal with DRM protected ebooks) that will let me do what I want?

I already sent an email to the publisher, but I got no response. Maybe I am mistaken, but I think this should be a basic feature, especially when it comes to reference books.

Thank you in advance.
Collapse

Recep Kurt
Recep Kurt  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 22:46
Member (2011)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Icecream PDF Editor Oct 14, 2021

Icecream PDF Editor displays all search results with some context...

[Edited at 2021-10-14 14:44 GMT]

beronike
beronike
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
PDF viewers won't let open EPUB files Oct 15, 2021

Thank you for your input, but I need ebook readers (like Calibre, but it won't let me open the book because it has that DRM protection, so I guess, maybe I have to stick to Adobe Digital Editions and put up with the lack of usability.

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Liberate the ebook Oct 15, 2021

You could use a DRM removal plugin in Calibre and then use any compatible ePub reader you'd like.

Recep Kurt
Recep Kurt  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 22:46
Member (2011)
English to Turkish
+ ...
A work-around Oct 15, 2021

beronike wrote:

Thank you for your input, but I need ebook readers (like Calibre, but it won't let me open the book because it has that DRM protection, so I guess, maybe I have to stick to Adobe Digital Editions and put up with the lack of usability.

As Jean suggested, you can use Calibre if you wish and export your file as PDF... Then use a suitable PDF reader that allows you to do what you want to do... Calibre is free and the conversion would take a minute or two...

beronike
beronike
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 16, 2021

Thank you both.

It's a shame that Adobe's program is not able to provide such a simple feature.

[Editado a las 2021-10-16 08:22 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adobe Digital Editions or other viewer for ebooks (with DRM)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »