Misleading advert? 34,501 words translated in 10 hours by only one translator
Thread poster: Yasutomo Kanazawa
Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 05:00
SITE FOUNDER
Closing the thread Nov 30, 2009

Hi all,

I've have just been notified of this thread, and I am closing it because it seems to have run its course (and then some).

For what it is worth, I know Marian Greenfield, as do many people here on this site. She is an extremely respected translator who brought a lot of passion to her job as ATA president. She made some real contributions to the industry in that role -- in the area of ongoing education, for example. Her work benefits all of us.

As for
... See more
Hi all,

I've have just been notified of this thread, and I am closing it because it seems to have run its course (and then some).

For what it is worth, I know Marian Greenfield, as do many people here on this site. She is an extremely respected translator who brought a lot of passion to her job as ATA president. She made some real contributions to the industry in that role -- in the area of ongoing education, for example. Her work benefits all of us.

As for the comment quoted, obviously the numbers sound exceptional, and not every project would be like this, but as far as I am concerned, if she said it, you can believe it.

That is a side comment, though. Regardless of your views, the rules say ad hominem comments are off-limits here. So please be sure to refrain.

Thanks.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Misleading advert? 34,501 words translated in 10 hours by only one translator

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »