Thread poster: Comunican
Comunican
Comunican
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:46
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 2, 2008

I just want to tell other Proz professionals not to waste their time with Memopal - the storage and backup service currently advertising on Proz.

I started a trial last week and I can only describe it as - literally - a waste of disk space.

On my computer, the system is slow, unreliable and unresponsive. There has been no time when I have felt, with confidence, that my files are:
a) fully and properly backed up
b) available for me to retrieve without a prob
... See more
I just want to tell other Proz professionals not to waste their time with Memopal - the storage and backup service currently advertising on Proz.

I started a trial last week and I can only describe it as - literally - a waste of disk space.

On my computer, the system is slow, unreliable and unresponsive. There has been no time when I have felt, with confidence, that my files are:
a) fully and properly backed up
b) available for me to retrieve without a problem

If it does not meet even those basic standards, what use is it?

I did nothing unusual in terms of changing settings or anything - in fact, I changed no settings other than the "Fast backup" option, in order to facilitate getting all my files uploaded quickly.

Of course, I contacted Memopal support, which has been ineffective and slow, although friendly enough.

I would advise anyone thinking of using it to think twice and save yourself wasted time and unnecessary frustration.

[Edited at 2008-07-03 04:15]
Collapse

Comunican
Comunican
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:46
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Note to Henry Dotterer re Memopal Aug 7, 2008

Hi Henry
I have sent you three e-mails since our exchange following my Memopal post. I'm not sure whether you got them, but I have not received any reply.
I never heard anything from Memopal either - you said they might like to respond.
And I see Proz is still advertising Memopal...
What is the news?
Thanks

Drew MacFadyen
Drew MacFadyen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:46
Spanish to English
+ ...
I will speak with MemoPal directly regarding your issues Aug 8, 2008

I had previouly drawn the clients attention to the thread and asked that they communicate directly with you, but appraently that has not happened. I will again contact the advertiser on your behalf and see what can be done to resolve your concerns and issues. Thank you for your postings.

Drew MacFadyen
Director of Marketing & Advertising

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Memopal - literally, a waste of disk space

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »