Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Powwow: Bologna - Italy

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Bologna - Italy".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Susanna Martoni
Susanna Martoni  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 17:05
Member (2009)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Certo Sep 22, 2015

Certamente ri-confermo!
Molto poco furbamente non avevo attivato la ricezione delle notifiche mail per cui son rimasta indietro.

Arriverò in treno poco prima delle 14.
La visita al Museo di Ustica si potrebbe fare dopo l'incontro (si vedrà che ore saranno perché la sera devo tornare a Imola e partire per il mare).

Anyway...
Grazie grazie e a presto
Susanna

Maria Chiara Della Porta
Maria Chiara Della Porta  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:05
French to Italian
+ ...
Conferma Sep 23, 2015

Ciao Fiona, confermo la mia partecipazione. Grazie e a presto!

Fabiola Baraldi
Fabiola Baraldi  Identity Verified
Italy
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Ci sono! Sep 24, 2015

Ciao Fiona! Che bella idea! Come ti dicevo, concordo in pieno: era un po' che non si organizzava qualcosa da queste parti e forse avrai visto che mi sto dando da fare! http://www.proz.com/conference/661 Ma intanto ci vediamo il 26!
Grazie!

Leonardo MILANI
Leonardo MILANI  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:05
French to Portuguese
+ ...
Anche io confermo Sep 24, 2015

Como modesta parte internazionale del powwow !!

Leonardo MILANI
French to Portuguese
+ ...
And "Help" for two days and nights! Sep 24, 2015

By the way, can you Bologna people help me on this:
1) still haven't elected a place to stay in Bologna. Maybe someone can recommend me some place? It could be a studio to rent, an hotel... I just want to be close enough (or inside) the center (don't want to use the car), I plan to stay september, 26 to 28.
2) suggestion on where I can park the car? a free parking, maybe? just maybe?
3) what to do in Bologna? I am waiting for your advice
4) where to go at night, in a WE ? ... See more
By the way, can you Bologna people help me on this:
1) still haven't elected a place to stay in Bologna. Maybe someone can recommend me some place? It could be a studio to rent, an hotel... I just want to be close enough (or inside) the center (don't want to use the car), I plan to stay september, 26 to 28.
2) suggestion on where I can park the car? a free parking, maybe? just maybe?
3) what to do in Bologna? I am waiting for your advice
4) where to go at night, in a WE ?

Do not hesitate to contact me here or in private... or in the powwow.

See you on next saturday!!

[Edited at 2015-09-24 21:58 GMT]
Collapse

Luca Vaccari
Luca Vaccari  Identity Verified
Italy
Swedish to Italian
+ ...
See you tomorrow Sep 25, 2015

A domani!

Fiona Grace Peterson
Fiona Grace Peterson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
@Leonardo Sep 25, 2015

Hi Leonardo!

I'm very happy to hear that you will be able to make it!

Unfortunately I don't have much experience with the hotels in Bologna. My brother stayed at the Starhote
... See more
Hi Leonardo!

I'm very happy to hear that you will be able to make it!

Unfortunately I don't have much experience with the hotels in Bologna. My brother stayed at the Starhotels Excelsior (https://www.expedia.it/Bologna-Hotel-Starhotels-Excelsior.h14235.Informazioni-Hotel?chkin=26/09/2015&chkout=28/09/2015&rm1=a2&hwrqCacheKey=4df0735e-d78e-4829-b088-5e50aa8c69aaHWRQ1443186873696&c=1533c9df-1a58-4393-bd37-3d50c98dc013&#hotels-map) and his experience was positive - it is right opposite the station and seems reasonably priced compared to others. So much depends on your budget though - like most city centre hotels, those in Bologna are not particularly cheap!

Parking in Bologna is a problem, and the traffic wardens are merciless! There is a spot where a lot of staff at Maggiore Hospital park their cars - it's free but not supervised, and just a short bus ride away. I can show you tomorrow if you like

Bologna has a small city centre, making it very pleasant to walk around. There are a lot of interesting shops in the centre, also the Cathedral, there are a number of museums and art galleries, its two towers (Asinelli e Garisenda: http://www.bolognawelcome.com/da-vedere/storia-arte/params/CategorieLuoghi_10/Luoghi_116/ref/Le%20due%20Torri:%20Garisenda%20e%20degli%20Asinelli) and more, so much depends what you're interested in

Various interesting osterias too - I like the Cantina Bentivoglio, which has live jazz music every night.
Collapse

Fiona Grace Peterson
Italy
Italian to English
Grazie a tutt* - a domani!!!! Sep 25, 2015

Sono davvero contenta degli ultimi "aggiunti" e conferme! A domani!

Leonardo MILANI
French to Portuguese
+ ...
Hotel Sep 25, 2015

Hi Fiona,

I suppose Via Guglielmo Marconi, 28 is ok? Can you just confirm that I can reach it by car, drop luggages and then go to the free parking (with your help maybe)?

Thanks for helping me in this.

Leo

Fiona Grace Peterson
Italy
Italian to English
@Leonardo Sep 25, 2015

I have done some checking, and it seems that Via Marconi is in the ZTL (limited traffic zone). According to Bologna's tourist website, there is a system in place whereby you communicate your vehicle license plate to the hotel, that way you will not be fined.

I'm happy to help you with this, feel free to message me privately if you want!

Leonardo MILANI
French to Portuguese
+ ...
Leaving Como Sep 26, 2015

Hi Fiona,

I am leaving Como now and will be there in Bologna before lunch. I saw that Via Marconi is very close to MAMBo. So, as soon as I reach the hotel I will let you know (around 11h-12h). If you or someone else here want to lunch together we can pre-met and then go to thet official powwow!!

See you!

Leo

Alessandra Lisi
Alessandra Lisi  Identity Verified
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
:( sarà per per la prossima Sep 26, 2015

Ciao a tutti, mi dispiace un sacco ma lavorerò fino alle 5 sarà per la prossima!! ciao a tutti

Patrizia Galletti
Patrizia Galletti  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Mi spiace non riesco a esserci :( Sep 26, 2015

Salve,
Ho una consegna per lunedì con un terribile ritardo. Come spesso succede, si lavora anche nel week-end.
Mi spiace!

Patrizia

Fabiola Baraldi
Fabiola Baraldi  Identity Verified
Italy
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Thanks to Fiona Grace! Sep 26, 2015

Ok, this comment just to say THANKS to Fiona, who had this great idea, who organized the powwow and welcomed everyone of us with her smile, who gave us the opportunity to meet!

And to tell Leonardo to send her the photos only after deleting the mine!

Bye Translators!!! See you soon!

[Edited at 2015-09-27 01:31 GMT]

Susanna Martoni
Susanna Martoni  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Grazie! Sep 29, 2015

Grazie a Fiona per avere organizzato questo stimolante evento, che spero di ripetere presto e magari anche periodicamente.

Grazie a tutti i partecipanti per gli stimoli apportati e per i numerosi spunti di riflessione proposti.

A presto,
Susanna

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Bologna - Italy

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »