Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you work during public holidays?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Rocio Barrientos
Rocio Barrientos  Identity Verified
Bolivia
Local time: 08:25
English to Spanish
+ ...
95% of us voted either "yes" or "it depends" Apr 24, 2011

Interesting figure by all means.

What do you think?

Happy Eastern!

Marlene Blanshay
Marlene Blanshay  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:25
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
yes and it depends Apr 24, 2011

if things have been slow, i don't mind letting people know I'm available during a holiday. But if i've been busy, i don't mind taking the holiday off. I often don't mind working during a holiday if everything is closed or the weather is awful...

Mami Yamaguchi
Mami Yamaguchi  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 21:25
Member (2008)
English to Japanese
+ ...
It depends. Apr 24, 2011

However recently I have had little time for myself ...
Now I am heavily occupied with my dual carriers. Maybe this will be continued until the end of this month...

Interlangue (X)
Interlangue (X)
Angola
Local time: 14:25
English to French
+ ...
Wish you a productive day! Apr 24, 2011

To me, public or religious holidays (whatever the country or faith) are just normal, ordinary days. I prefer celebrating at my own pace, usually when no one else does. The pow wow in Nuenen last week was reason enough not to work Saturday and Sunday.
I also take one or several days off when I have guests, or when I visit friends and/or travel.
I have no 9-5 workday schedule, and decide for myself when I work and when I don't.

Happy celebrating to those who do, thanks f
... See more
To me, public or religious holidays (whatever the country or faith) are just normal, ordinary days. I prefer celebrating at my own pace, usually when no one else does. The pow wow in Nuenen last week was reason enough not to work Saturday and Sunday.
I also take one or several days off when I have guests, or when I visit friends and/or travel.
I have no 9-5 workday schedule, and decide for myself when I work and when I don't.

Happy celebrating to those who do, thanks for your company to those who are working!
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you work during public holidays?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »