Páginas sobre el tema:   < [1 2]
Should KudoZ\'s asker indicate who are the audience of their translation (Mainland China, Taiwan, HK
Autor de la hebra: Summit
Summit
Summit
inglés al chino
+ ...
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
Golden View, quite right Sep 6, 2002

I have visited China and currently still stay in Hainan for the past whole year. I do feel some custom and/or business practices here if not frustrating then is irritating. (of course, it\'s my own problem of being so alienated)

If there is any credit card issued (even in local currency, RMB, not to mention international), It\'s certainly only available for a few. Also banking card (debit card) is not deliable too. I open a couple of bank card accounts here in Hainan, but I
... See more
I have visited China and currently still stay in Hainan for the past whole year. I do feel some custom and/or business practices here if not frustrating then is irritating. (of course, it\'s my own problem of being so alienated)

If there is any credit card issued (even in local currency, RMB, not to mention international), It\'s certainly only available for a few. Also banking card (debit card) is not deliable too. I open a couple of bank card accounts here in Hainan, but I have difficulty to use it in Shengzhen as well as in Shanghai, in the same bank\'s system. (ICBC, Bank of Communication..etc.)

Golden View pointed out that not too many Chinese have international credit card, it\'s true, since China has very tight control over foreign currency exchange policy. i.e.: when local people (mainlander) wish to travel abroad, the maximum US dollar (or other foreign currencies in equivalent) they can exchange is limited to $2,000. no matter what purpose or how long.

The other issue which, I would like to explore further is: although Chinese authority can\'t always \"technically\" prohibit gambling activity online, but they certainly can block a lot of websites which they deem culturally ill or inappropriate for Chinese viewer or surfers. i.e.: even Google is blocked from time to time.

With regard to your 2nd replies addressing to the issue of: Targeting audience:

the reason I post the issue here is wishing all Kudoz questions can be reply with more precise, direct and effective answers. My thought is: Kudoz is like emergency room, time is of concerned, therefore, if the question can be refine a little bit, which can really benefits the asker.

My ideal Kudoz question criterias are:

1. inquired words or sentance

2. necessary context

3. industry

4. target audience in region or country (i.e.: East or west europe) due to different country or social background\'s mentality or culture differences

Example:

key words: Confronted head-on: 对着干(乾)

context: 他们夫妻俩遇到问题就是喜欢对着干(乾), 凡事也不好好的商量。

industry: art/literture: novel

target audience: a novel to be published in Hong Kong, Taiwan....

Well, it is not too much to ask, common courtesy from the Kudoz asker shuold be expected.

Collapse

Libin PhD
Libin PhD  Identity Verified
chino al inglés
+ ...
對著幹 Sep 6, 2002

Quote:

Example:

Summit, Just a friendly reminder. I feel 對著乾 shuold be 對著幹. 乾 mostly used in 乾燥、�... See more
Quote:

Example:

Summit, Just a friendly reminder. I feel 對著乾 shuold be 對著幹. 乾 mostly used in 乾燥、餅乾、外強中乾、乾瞪眼、乾脆、乾媽、乾著急等。它們都是第三聲。

幹 mostly used in 主幹、骨幹、幹活、乾工作、幹練、幹將、樹幹、對著干,這些都是第四聲。

繁體本身也有“干”字,如干戈、干擾、於你何干、天干、善罷干休、一干人等。

Collapse

Xiaoping Fu
Xiaoping Fu  Identity Verified
Canadá
Local time: 16:00
chino al inglés
+ ...
别“对着干” Sep 7, 2002

“对着干”这个例子,我看见好多次了。很多大陆的朋友不知道,这是台湾人嘲讽 ( 未必有恶意 ) 大陆语言的例子,和简体繁体的问题关系不大,但确实折射出两岸隔绝所造成的语言上的差别,乃至情感上的疏离。“幹”这个字,在台湾口语中,是某个脏字的委婉用字,相当于英语中F字头的那个字。所以,“夫妻老是对着干”这句话,在大陆人听来很平常,在台湾人听来就极�... See more
“对着干”这个例子,我看见好多次了。很多大陆的朋友不知道,这是台湾人嘲讽 ( 未必有恶意 ) 大陆语言的例子,和简体繁体的问题关系不大,但确实折射出两岸隔绝所造成的语言上的差别,乃至情感上的疏离。“幹”这个字,在台湾口语中,是某个脏字的委婉用字,相当于英语中F字头的那个字。所以,“夫妻老是对着干”这句话,在大陆人听来很平常,在台湾人听来就极不顺耳。拿出来做笑话讲,台湾人觉得很可笑,大陆人觉得如入五里云雾。其实,“干”字在大陆也有同样的用法,只是,无论使用范围,还是地域范围,都很有局限, 不象在台湾那样普遍。最重要的区别是,在大陆,“干”字不是骂人话。在骂人或表达强烈情绪时,大陆人直接用那个脏字。我第一次上台湾的网站时,看到有个网友打出一个“幹”字,加一个惊叹号,以为是笔误。后来才知道,他是在骂人。

不过,我觉得这些差别并不构成太大的问题。交往的门户一打开,语言上的位差很快就流平了。大陆人现在慢慢习惯读繁体书报,经常去大陆的台湾人也开始习惯简体字。我主张大陆人写简认繁,台湾人写繁认简。其实,大陆很多人,包括我们这里的许多同行,都是写简认繁。我们的前辈,譬如说65岁以上的人,很多是写繁认简。而台湾的许多朋友,与大陆有较多交往的,很多都可以写繁认简。台湾的很多语词,现在在大陆被广为接受,而大陆的很多语词,也悄悄地渗入了台湾的媒体和百姓的生活。语言和文字在这种交互使用中磨合,逐步形成约定俗成的规范。最后再由文化机构整理确定。

在文字的问题上,现在不可能也不需要制订统一标准。重点是两岸人民要互相交往,不要互相隔绝;要互相理解,不要互相猜忌;要互相欣赏,不要互相轻蔑;要互相学习,不要互相诋毁;要互相帮助,不要互相打击。我说的不是政治,不是外交,是人与人之间的交往。我们提出了这个问题,就从我们自己开始。我们大家在这里相遇,是为了在专业上互相帮助。没有预设的前提 ( 请原谅我借用台湾政坛的流行语 ),没有专业之外的预设立场。只有一个共同点,我们都是做汉语语言文字工作的。我们热爱汉语,因为它美丽,也因为它是我们的衣食之源。如果我们在这里不能以友善的、相互尊重的态度讨论问题,动不动就扯出政治纷争,甚至用恶毒的语言攻击不同意见者,那还侈谈什么文字的统一?

一言以蔽之,别“对着干”!

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-09-13 07:50 ]

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-09-13 07:52 ]
Collapse

Xiaoping Fu
Xiaoping Fu  Identity Verified
Canadá
Local time: 16:00
chino al inglés
+ ...
一个大家熟悉的例子 Sep 10, 2002

英文的bus 和 taxi,在大陆过去的标准译法是“公共汽车”和“出租车”。

后来,看到香港人音译为“巴士”和“的士”,国内的人觉得很怪诞,甚至当成香港是文化沙漠的证据之一。

可是现在,恐怕大陆多数人不再说“叫出租车”,而说“打的”了。就连以文化底蕴深厚而自豪的北京人,也都舍繁就简,顺随潮流,而且还有发展。北京人不仅连带地接受了“大巴”、“中巴”、“小巴”之类的衍生词,甚至还创造了“面的”、“的哥”、“的姐”之类的新名词。这回轮到香港人为之瞠目了。

为什么会这样?简单地讲,就是多了交往。

Summit
Summit
inglés al chino
+ ...
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
quite true, I found out the typo right after i posted, but, wonder why it's not posted, 幹 not 乾, Sep 10, 2002

Quote:

Summit, Just a friendly reminder. I feel 對著乾 shuold be 對著幹. 乾 mostly used in 乾燥、餅乾、外強中乾、乾瞪眼、乾脆、乾媽、乾著急等。它們都是第三聲。

幹 mostly used in 主幹、骨幹、幹活、乾工作、幹練、幹將、樹幹、對著干,這些都是第四聲。

繁體本身也有“干”字,如干戈、干擾、於你何干、天干、善罷干休、一干人等。

all the above info is well read and appreciated. Thanks Bin.

Kvasir
Kvasir
Canadá
Local time: 17:00
inglés al chino
+ ...
audience May 12, 2003

I agree here on proz, questions should specify the group of target audience. So far as to an option on dialect selection should be available.

However it is also very real that many desparate askers (often anonymous) don\'t know/care/aware about such potentionally great diversions in the Chinese language. Not much help either when they don\'t often provide enough context anyway.

I would suggest the site adding more specific selections for languages with
... See more
I agree here on proz, questions should specify the group of target audience. So far as to an option on dialect selection should be available.

However it is also very real that many desparate askers (often anonymous) don\'t know/care/aware about such potentionally great diversions in the Chinese language. Not much help either when they don\'t often provide enough context anyway.

I would suggest the site adding more specific selections for languages with popular and substantial diaclects: such as Chinese (HK), Chinese (TW), Chinese (CN), French (QC) etc.

This will certainly avoid the situation when 10+ responses in all major chinese dialects imaginable being posted for an innocent question like \"Hello\". Which, of course, won\'t help our poor little anonymous unsuspecting friend who thought it was only a simple question, now he has to decide which characters/dialect to use!

-kvasir

[ This Message was edited by: Kvasir on 2003-05-12 11:31]
Collapse

Páginas sobre el tema:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Should KudoZ\'s asker indicate who are the audience of their translation (Mainland China, Taiwan, HK

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »