yao-yao wei
yao-yao wei  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:51
Chinese to English
+ ...
May 29, 2003

Hi,

Could anybody share how to convert a doc file written in traditional Chinese to simplified? I am using word 2000. Thanks in advacne!

yao

Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Conversion headache? May 29, 2003

Yao,

This topic was discussed in the past in Chinese Forum.

This is not a problem anymore for the PC users. There are software packs developed by Microsoft to handle such conversion job. One is called �Microsoft Proofreading Tool�, the other is �Multilanguage User�s Interface.� You only need one of them to do the Chinese conversion job. You can find more information about these two software programs in Microsoft�s website.

After one of these programs is in
... See more
Yao,

This is not a problem anymore for the PC users. There are software packs developed by Microsoft to handle such conversion job. One is called �Microsoft Proofreading Tool�, the other is �Multilanguage User�s Interface.� You only need one of them to do the Chinese conversion job. You can find more information about these two software programs in Microsoft�s website.

After one of these programs is installed, you can open a Chinese Word file in GB code, then go to �Tools� in the menu bar, rollover �Language� and select �Chinese translation�, then a popup window appears, asking you the conversion direction, select the radio button you want. Before the blink of your eyes, the job is done!

These two programs work with Windows XP or 2000, and MS Word seamlessly. I am pleased very much with their performance

Kevin

[Edited at 2003-05-29 22:06]
Collapse

yao-yao wei
yao-yao wei  Identity Verified
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Kevin. I'll check it out and will keep my eyes open when the conversion happens. May 29, 2003

Kevin Yang wrote:

Yao,

This is not a problem anymore for the PC users. There are software packs developed by Microsoft to handle such conversion job. One is called 揗icrosoft Proofreading Tool? the other is 揗ultilanguage User抯 Interface.?You only need one of them to do the Chinese conversion job. You can find more information about these two software programs in Microsoft抯 website.

After one of these programs is installed, you can open a Chinese Word file in GB code, then go to 揟ools?in the menu bar, rollover 揕anguage?and select 揅hinese translation? then a popup window appears, asking you the conversion direction, select the radio button you want. Before the blink of your eyes, the job is done!

These two programs work with Windows XP or 2000, and MS Word seamlessly. I am pleased very much with their performance

Kevin

[Edited at 2003-05-29 22:06]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

language convert

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »