Which CAT tools for .yml files? Or create new file type in Trados?
Thread poster: Onur Köksüyer
Onur Köksüyer
Onur Köksüyer
Türkiye
Local time: 03:57
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jul 6, 2016

Hello,

I will be working on some .yml files with codes. I don't want to use Notepad+ for this translation, so I'm looking for an alternative. So far I've found Crowdin and Websource. I also know that MemoQ supports that file, but I don't have a Memoq licence yet.

I also saw somewhere that it is possible to use .yml files in Trados (which I have access to), but a new file type should be added?

I'll most likely be working on the files alone, maybe have some o
... See more
Hello,

I will be working on some .yml files with codes. I don't want to use Notepad+ for this translation, so I'm looking for an alternative. So far I've found Crowdin and Websource. I also know that MemoQ supports that file, but I don't have a Memoq licence yet.

I also saw somewhere that it is possible to use .yml files in Trados (which I have access to), but a new file type should be added?

I'll most likely be working on the files alone, maybe have some others helping me out. Crowdin has a very high price, Memsource is a bit more affordable (with a price tag of 20 Euros monthly for freelancers), but I'd like to hear your suggestions for .yml files.

Also, the codes are followed with ":" but sometimes the text has a colon as well. Is there a certain place in Trados where I can arrange that to happen?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Which CAT tools for .yml files? Or create new file type in Trados?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »