Arabic language usage online and in Trados
Thread poster: abclang
abclang
abclang
Canada
Local time: 23:17
Jun 22, 2010

I was wondering if Arabic can be used in Trados?
Also, how difficult is it to use Arabic language online? Is there different scripts, versions?

If a translator has to translate online, on a website, is it relatively easy? Does it involve any technical difficulties or reflect on the price?

Thank you for your help!

Kristina

w2m14
w2m14
Local time: 09:17
English to Arabic
Yes it can Jun 23, 2010

Q:I was wondering if Arabic can be used in Trados?

A: Yes it can, from the early versions of Trados.

Q:Also, how difficult is it to use Arabic language online? Is there different scripts, versions?

A: it is not difficult at all, but changing the browser character encoding may be needed sometimes to view the translated text.

Q: If a translator has to translate online, on a website, is it relatively easy?

A: yes, it is<
... See more
Q:I was wondering if Arabic can be used in Trados?

A: Yes it can, from the early versions of Trados.

Q:Also, how difficult is it to use Arabic language online? Is there different scripts, versions?

A: it is not difficult at all, but changing the browser character encoding may be needed sometimes to view the translated text.

Q: If a translator has to translate online, on a website, is it relatively easy?

A: yes, it is

Q: Does it involve any technical difficulties or reflect on the price?

A: No it does not.
Thank you for your help!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Arabic language usage online and in Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »