Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:06
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jun 15, 2009

صباح الخير جميعا

لقد لاحظت مؤخرا - وخاصة منذ انسحابي من الإشراف على صفحات كودوز العربية/ الانجليزية، أن هناك اعتماد تام على أن يقوم المشرف بحذف أي أسئلة تنتهك قواعد كودوز (الأسئلة التي تتضمن أكثر من جملة، أكثر من 10 كلمات الخ). وربما يعود هذا إلى عدم إدراك البعض بأن أي شخص عنده أكثر من 500 نقطة كودوز من حقه أن يصبح "محرر كودوز" Kudoz editor بعد اجتياز اختبار قصير وبسيط (على ما أذكر) عن قواعد الموقع.
المشكلة أن محرري كودوز - على عكس المشرفين - لا يمكن أن يحذفوا سؤالاً إذا كان هذا السؤال قد تلقى أجوبة، لذلك فإنه يفضل (خاصة في غياب مشرف) أن يكون هناك عدد كبير من المحررين النشطين ليتداركوا المواقف قبل تطوع بعض الزملاء بتقديم خدمات ترجمة مجانية لمنتهكي القواعد (كما حدث مؤخرا)

ahmadwadan.com
ahmadwadan.com  Identity Verified
Saudi Arabia
Local time: 21:06
English to Arabic
+ ...
صباح الفل Nov 12, 2009

أكيد لازم أقول صباح الفل بعد مرور أكثر من 3 شهور على الموضوع. هل يوجد رابط أو شخص يمكن الاتصال به للقيام بذلك أم أتصل بالدعم مباشرة؟

Nesrin
United Kingdom
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
الرابط Nov 16, 2009

آسفة يا أحمد - لم أقرأ ردك إلا اليوم -
هذا هو الرابط الخاص بهذا الموضوع في قسم الأسئلة المتكررة:

http://www.proz.com/faq/2797#2797

"5.1 - I see some users (not moderators) reclassifying, or removing, others' questions. How are these members selected?

Moderators may invite members/regis
... See more
آسفة يا أحمد - لم أقرأ ردك إلا اليوم -
هذا هو الرابط الخاص بهذا الموضوع في قسم الأسئلة المتكررة:

http://www.proz.com/faq/2797#2797

"5.1 - I see some users (not moderators) reclassifying, or removing, others' questions. How are these members selected?

Moderators may invite members/registered users who have at least 300 KudoZ PRO points to read the guidelines for reclassifying and squashing, and take a short test. Those who pass have the right to edit in these ways."

الحقيقة إنه "على أيامي" ما كان من اللازم أن يدعوني أحد المشرفين لأصبح محررة، كان الموضوع أبسط من ذلك. فالعبء عليك الآن أن تطلب من أحد المشرفين أن يدعوك لتصبح محرراً!!

Collapse

ahmadwadan.com
Saudi Arabia
English to Arabic
+ ...
شكرا Nov 16, 2009

شكرا نسرين.

Mohamed Kamel
Mohamed Kamel  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
I did :) May 31, 2010

Thank you Nesrin and Ahmed. I did invited Ahmed too, to be an Editor.

Best regards,
Mohamed Kamel

ahmadwadan.com
Saudi Arabia
English to Arabic
+ ...
لم تصلني الدعوة May 31, 2010

Mohamed Kamel wrote:

Thank you Nesrin and Ahmed. I did invited Ahmed too, to be an Editor.

Best regards,
Mohamed Kamel

صباح الخير محمد

لم تصلني الدعوة

[Edited at 2010-05-31 07:32 GMT]

Steve Booth
Steve Booth  Identity Verified
English to Arabic
+ ...
I have also notcied Jul 22, 2010

recently that some questions are flagged as against site rules for containing more than one term, I was always under the impression that terms or phrases were acceptable just not full sentences I also think someone quoted a maximum of about 8 words.

There also doesn't seem to be any consistency in this for instance this morning i notice there is a five word phrase from Arabic to English that is flagged as against site rules, yet just below it is a six word phrase from English to Ara
... See more
recently that some questions are flagged as against site rules for containing more than one term, I was always under the impression that terms or phrases were acceptable just not full sentences I also think someone quoted a maximum of about 8 words.

There also doesn't seem to be any consistency in this for instance this morning i notice there is a five word phrase from Arabic to English that is flagged as against site rules, yet just below it is a six word phrase from English to Arabic that is not flagged against the rules.

I think we need to seek clarification from the kudos editors what is permissible and what is not and this needs to be made clearer in the site rules.

This is not a dig at the editors who i thnk do a very good job just a request fro clarification
Collapse

Nesrin
United Kingdom
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Kudoz-wide problem Jul 25, 2010

Steve Booth wrote:

There also doesn't seem to be any consistency in this for instance this morning i notice there is a five word phrase from Arabic to English that is flagged as against site rules, yet just below it is a six word phrase from English to Arabic that is not flagged against the rules.

I think we need to seek clarification from the kudos editors what is permissible and what is not and this needs to be made clearer in the site rules.

This is not a dig at the editors who i thnk do a very good job just a request fro clarification

Hi Steve,

The problem is a Kudoz-wide one, not restricted to the Arabic-English word pairs, and has always been a cause of controversy. The problem is that although Kudoz rules state that we should ask only "one term per question" (rule 2.3), at the same time they state that "Texts posted for translation via KudoZ should be limited to approximately ten (10) words" (2.2). This is further clarified in the FAQ:
A group of words (up to approximately 10) should be posted in a single question only when they constitute an unbreakable unit, such as an idiomatic expression (e.g. 'a jack of all trades and master of none') that may be several words long and where omitting any part would not formulate the question correctly.

which makes sense, in my opinion, but leaves the door wide open to interpretation as regards what constitutes an "unbreakable unit" and what could or could not have been omitted.
Also, it doesn't help that there's a clear contradiction between the "one term per question" rule and the fact that when asking a question, you're asked to provide the "term or phrase". Having read the FAQ quoted above you understand what that means of course, but it just means that Kudoz editors have a harder time convincing askers that they should stick to one term....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Kudoz editors

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »