Páginas no tópico:   < [1 2 3]
“Brokeback Mountain” is translated as “Broke-Arm Mountain” in Chinese (断背山vs.断臂山)
Tópico cartaz: Kevin Yang
ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
Estados Unidos
Local time: 10:23
inglês para chinês
+ ...
Speaking of cigarette advertisement Jan 21, 2006

数年前,在加州公共场所禁烟越来越严格的情况下,一家美国香烟公司牢骚满腹地在洛杉矶地区的一条大街上竖起了一块大广告牌,写道:Even in communist China, it is free to smoke!

Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Wenjer Leuschel (X)  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 23:23
inglês para chinês
+ ...
Traditions? Jan 21, 2006

David Shen wrote:

Do you like traditions?

Hi David,

你這帖讓我想起 Don McLean 唱的 "American Pie" 和 Glen Campbell 唱的 "Rhinestone Cowboy"。這兩首歌一方面懷舊,一方面憧憬未來。American Dream 其實也是一種 tradtion,並不因為美國的歷史較短就沒有傳統。美國人的生活方式、價值觀念,在平常的語言之中,同樣傳達出深遠的傳統,只是不生活在其中的人必須廣徵考據,一點一點穿入才能明白而已。

我小時候莫名其妙地喜歡邊疆民謠,聽到那些歌曲像是看到了「在那遙遠的地方」、「兩隻眼睛真漂亮」的姑娘,當時聽到「擺夷的姑娘願呀、願嫁漢家郎」,心裡好不喜悅。長大了又再次仔細聽聽「假如你要嫁人吶,不要嫁給別人吶,一定要你嫁給我;帶著百萬錢財,領著你的妹妹,跟著我馬車來」,心想:哼,想得美!我的「漢家夢」於是碎了。

詩、書、琴、畫,這些是漢文化的一部分,但只是一部分;還有許多組成漢文化的部分需要仔細探討。宋元的戲曲、明清的小說,還有那些各地的民謠小調,民間流傳的東西似乎比較貼近漢文化的傳統,倒不必在乎它們登不登大雅之堂,就像 "American Pie" 或 "Rhinestone Cowboy" 那樣的美國調調,最能把美國夢表達出來,因此我也不在乎殿堂上的那些儀節,比較喜歡了解民間通俗的好惡。

我有一位美國朋友特愛收集各民族的童話故事。他說,在各民族的童話故事中,最能看出他們的文化裡強調的是些什麼價值觀。而我過了三十五之後,特別體會到要了解漢文化的價值觀,最好從民謠小調、順口溜、歇後語、民間故事著手,比學習詩書琴畫來得有效。

傳統對我而言,是那些不成文的規矩。它們只表現在日常生活上,許多不是語言文字所能表達的,而是在人與人的互動之中很自然流露出來的。說個笑話,有一回在德國,我那個蕃婆子拖著我去看芭蕾舞劇《胡桃核鉗》,她看得津津有味,我則坐立不安。忍到終場,她問我如何,我說 "Kultur? Getue!"。那個 "Kultur? Getue!" 實在不好翻譯。Kultur 是「文化」,Getue 是「裝模作樣」;由於北方德語的 "r" 發音和 "e" 很相近,"Kultur? Getue!" 幾乎是押韻的,聽起來很滑稽,因此把老婆給氣壞了,差不多一個星期不跟我說話。從此她再也不會要我一同去聽古典音樂、聽歌劇或看芭蕾舞了。

隨便聊聊。哈哈一笑就是。

Wenjer

Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Taiwan
inglês para chinês
+ ...
哈哈哈! Jan 21, 2006

Yueyin Sun wrote:

数年前,在加州公共场所禁烟越来越严格的情况下,一家美国香烟公司牢骚满腹地在洛杉矶地区的一条大街上竖起了一块大广告牌,写道:Even in communist China, it is free to smoke!

八零年代在德國當學生時,每逢有中國煙廠的人到北德某家機械廠採購切絲機、捲煙機、包裝機、打包機等等機械時,那家工廠的公關主任就會找我去做工廠導覽口譯,事後並帶那些中國煙廠的領導們出去逛逛。

最有趣的一件事是,一位領導問我:德國吸抽煙的女同志好像特別多呢?為什麼?這一問我還真的答不出所以然來。

風水輪流轉,現在在中國吸煙的女同志好像多了些,反倒是德國連男同志也不太常見吸煙了。

Xiaoping Fu
Xiaoping Fu  Identity Verified
Canadá
Local time: 08:23
chinês para inglês
+ ...
太妙了! Jan 21, 2006

Yueyin Sun wrote:

chance (X)
chance (X)
francês para chinês
+ ...
绝了! Jan 21, 2006

Yueyin Sun wrote:

Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Membro (2003)
inglês para chinês
+ ...
CRIADOR(A) DO TÓPICO
Each country has its pros and cons Jan 21, 2006

Yueyin Sun wrote:

Yueyin,

That is very funny, and also very true! I guess each country has its pros and cons. You only can have some and lose some. It seems there is no place let you do one-stop shopping and get everything at one place and one time.

Kevin

[Edited at 2006-01-21 15:10]

Last Hermit
Last Hermit
chinês para inglês
+ ...
太对了。现在的烟民已趋向年轻化。中学生吸烟的情况太常见了 Jan 21, 2006

俺几乎是天天见,公车上,超市里,人行道上……

其中,女性烟民也在不断增加。

毕竟,中国是皇权极重的国家。皇上吸,那俺当然也学着吸,无上光荣!

吸烟依然危害健康!
Yueyin Sun wrote:

Xiaoping Fu
Xiaoping Fu  Identity Verified
Canadá
chinês para inglês
+ ...
逻辑 Jan 21, 2006

Last Hermit wrote:

毕竟,中国是皇权极重的国家。皇上吸,那俺当然也学着吸,无上光荣!

照这个逻辑,现在中国烟民应该越来越少。毛泽东、邓小平烟不离手,却从没见过江泽民、李鹏、胡锦涛、温家宝吸烟。

David Shen
David Shen  Identity Verified
Estados Unidos
inglês para chinês
+ ...
Freedom you may! Jan 21, 2006

Yueyin Sun wrote:

Right, you have the freedom to abuse yourself. And those around you, that you don't think they are being affected while you are enjoying your puffs. What a freedom to have! Freedom needs spaces. No matter what kind of freedom we are talking about, and the sense of personal and public spaces is very different among different peoples.

Maybe I have been in this country for too long, that I sound like an American now. Which tends to cause discomfort among many, and I know that. But for a country with so many regulations to "overlook" the necessity to regulate the cigarette industry is not very convincing. Maybe this is one of the ways to control the population, don't you think?

The campaign against lung cancer is enforced very seriously at every level of society in the US. A store owner can loose his licence if found selling cigarettes to young students. In indoor public places smoking is not allowed, and signs are clearly posted. Almost all restaurants and waiting rooms for trains or buses have a seperate quarter for those who smoke. And such quarters are unspokenly considered dirty places for those who have the addiction, or places like a toilet room where most people try to avoid. There are of course pubs or night clubs in certain parts of towns that are filled with smoke, but these places are a hang-out for people whose lives are usually screwed up.

One distinction among smokers of China and America is that most smokers here are women, not men. And mostly young women.

While the government can do its part to reduce the smoking population, if it wants to, much of the responsibility lies within each individual. An American smoker would usually say sorry when your eyes meet. A Chinese smoker has very little awareness that he or she is not only doing harm to his/her own body but also robbing everybody else of the fresh air that belongs to all. It is the same type of lack of awareness or "civil consciousness" that is destroying our rivers, lakes, streets and parks or scenic wonders that are on the verge of collapose.

Yes, you have the freedom to throw the garbage out of your own window into the river, so inside your house you have clean rooms, or maybe very large and luxurious rooms with huge TV and hot water bath tubs now. But the moment you step out of your modernly decorated house interior, you can not escape from the smell of the water made black by the garbage you and your neighbours throw out of thier houses everyday. I know we are a very smart race. But we have not find a way to purify our waters yet. Alas!

My boys enjoy going back to visit China and all the friendliness and food that they encounter along the way, but it is most difficult for them when we have to take the train or buses because of all the smoke inside out. And they are always told to drink hot water, which they hate! There is no such thing to drink some water whenever you want to. You have to buy it, and even then you are not sure!

I hope we, as Chinese, realize that what the human body needs most is water, before it can have whatever freedom it is looking for. Communisim or capitalism does not matter here. Now that most of us have the money, can we fix the water first, before making the next "Five Year Plan"?

Can some body tell me we still have nice waters and streams in remote places like Dali, Lijiang in Yunnan, or in the mountains of Hebei and Sichuan? I have yet to go there. But I know all along the coastline, clean water is lost to industrialzation. How long will it take before we Chinese learn, from the mistakes that other countries had made and corrected, that once your basic resources are gone, it takes forever to get them back, or may never!

---

Hi Wenjer,

The love for local operas and customs is also mine! Maybe you should post a thread that deals with local delicacies for the New Year, and we might be served with tons of great food we have never heard of. Those guys from Sichuan don't need to join that discusion. I know you are good, and I can't handle much either.

chance (X)
chance (X)
francês para chinês
+ ...
David 说的污染问题确实很严重, Jan 22, 2006

可惜还没有被排到议事日程上来,只希望不会拖到为时过晚那天。

Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Taiwan
inglês para chinês
+ ...
環保意識必須深植民心 Jan 22, 2006

chance wrote:

可惜还没有被排到议事日程上来,只希望不会拖到为时过晚那天。

當你發現天災發生的頻率增高了,原本五十年、一百年一見的災難,現在卻每兩三年一見,這時就是為時已晚了。

八零年代初中國開放改革,我在德國和中國朋友談起台灣的情況,預測台灣的資本家將樂得另一塊可以糟蹋的土地。他們把台灣糟蹋夠了,現在每兩年一見原本每二十年才會一見的水災,也使得所有的河川失去原有的生物。我小時候的魚蝦全都消失了。

八零年代末,在德國遇到台灣某資本家的子弟,他洋洋得意告訴我,他們的工廠與解放軍掛勾,由解放軍保護,附近的農民不敢抗爭河川污染的問題。我不好得罪人,所以也不跟他說環境保護的重要性,反正向錢看的不會是台灣的資本家而已,其他國家的資本家都一樣。

前此台灣政府提出五年八百億的治水計畫,預算在立法院裡過不了關,可現在卻以五年一千四百一十億的預算過了關。你以為這是怎麼回事?呵,預算增加了,夠那些立法委員人人包工程獲利呀,所以只要增加預算就過關,不再說出像之前阻擋五年八百億預算時說的「為人民看緊荷包」。這樣的治水大概只能治出更大的災難。

中國的情況會是這樣的嗎?如果環境保護的教育再不做,將來將會有更多人逃離家鄉。那會是社會災難。我們在台灣所稱的「外來政權」,指的並非「外地來的政權」,而是對土地不知尊重、疼惜的政權,只要是只向錢看的政客所組成的政治集團,都是外來政治集團,因為他們沒有土地倫理的概念,罔顧生活在土地上的人民之前途,糟蹋土地只為眼前的利益。

chance (X)
chance (X)
francês para chinês
+ ...
是的,欧洲包括法国德国也把工业垃圾往中国运, Jan 22, 2006

据说中国有法律禁止,但是贫穷的当地人却欢迎,用原始方法提炼,以此勉强维持生活,付出的是健康和生命,还微笑着说这样总比在家里没钱挣强些......

让我看了心里很不是滋味,问题并不只是那些昧了良心的中间商。

Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Membro (2003)
inglês para chinês
+ ...
CRIADOR(A) DO TÓPICO
The Chinese director Ang Lee's perspectives Jan 22, 2006

I just read an interview of the Chinese director Ang Lee, and thought it shows some of his perspectives about the discussion we are having here. Here it goes:

http://www3.chinesenewsnet.com/MainNews/EntDigest/Showbuz/xhw_2006_01_22_00_40_27_103.html

“人人心中都有個斷背山�
... See more
I just read an interview of the Chinese director Ang Lee, and thought it shows some of his perspectives about the discussion we are having here. Here it goes:

http://www3.chinesenewsnet.com/MainNews/EntDigest/Showbuz/xhw_2006_01_22_00_40_27_103.html

“人人心中都有個斷背山”--李安在港一席談
2006年1月22日12:34:51(京港台時間)

新華網香港1月21日電(記者 廖翊) “每個人潛意識中都有秘密﹐這是一個絕對值﹐是一個無法實現的伊甸園。從這個意義上講﹐每個人心中都有一個玉嬌龍﹐人人心中都有一個斷背山。”李安這樣對香港觀眾說。

21日下午﹐剛剛奪得第63屆電影“金球獎”最佳影片﹑最佳導演等4項大獎的著名華裔導演李安出現在香港百老匯電影中心﹐和劉德華﹑鄧漢強等香港知名影人一起﹐與觀眾真誠對話。

“什麼是愛情﹖人類一直在探索這個話題﹐這是個‘疑難雜症’﹐也是我的斷背山。”談及這部以西部牛仔同性感情為主題的獲獎影片《斷背山》﹐李安說﹕“不要戴有色眼鏡看這部電影﹐這是一個感人的愛情故事。”

他介紹﹐4年前﹐當他第一次看到這部小說時﹐哭了。數年過去﹐對這個故事終難釋懷﹐決定把它搬上銀幕。

“我不敢多看小說﹐怕被文字強大的力量拴住﹐我從打動我的地方著手。我不想讓人感覺這是一般意義上的西部片﹐而是一個西部愛情故事﹔傳統西部片是人為創造的﹐跟真實的西部無關。我必須從文學和現實生活中汲取養料。”

為此﹐李安來到故事發生地美國德州﹐“我考察那裡的一切﹐與牛仔們一起騎馬﹑交談﹐研究所有的細節乃至道具──比如﹐電鋸是原來劇本中沒有的﹐是考察中發現的﹐結果用在影片中十分出彩。”

李安解釋自己對電影的投入和執著﹕“我對電影有著很大熱忱。當我17歲作為藝專學生第一次上臺﹐舞臺燈光亮起的那一瞬間﹐我就覺得自己這一輩子別無選擇。”

見面會在露天廣場舉行﹐參加座談的大都是年輕人。他們對李安電影的題材﹑改編等都十分感興趣。有學生問李安﹐10多年前導演的《喜宴》與《斷背山》都屬于敏感的同性題材﹐兩部電影有什麼不同﹐觀眾接受度如何﹖

李安說﹕《喜宴》是一個家庭倫理劇﹐“同性愛”是一個問題﹐影片反省和檢視傳統禮教中的東西﹔而《斷背山》是一部家庭劇﹐情與愛是影片的中心。在拍攝時﹐我沒有任何壓力。影片完成並上映後﹐觀眾的接受力大大超出我的想象。

“作為一個有著典型中國人文氣質的導演﹐如何在好萊塢確定你的身份﹖”有學生問。

“我從來不考慮這個問題。我23歲離開臺灣﹐一直受傳統中國文化滋養﹐雖然後來在西方學習並生活﹐但個人的眼光﹑習性﹑文化的根是改不了的。所以 ﹐我拍出來的東西就與美國人的不一樣。”李安說﹐“不存在中國人拍美國片的問題﹐我只是思考如何拍到位﹐這其實體現了中國人的眼光。”

現場﹐主持人追問李安何時邀請在座的香港著名影星劉德華主演他的影片﹐李安風趣地回答﹕“我曾經對劉德華說過﹐何時拿了金馬獎就出演我的電影。他真的拿獎了﹐怎麼兌現呢﹖……希望他是我的斷背山吧﹗”(完)
Collapse

Páginas no tópico:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

“Brokeback Mountain” is translated as “Broke-Arm Mountain” in Chinese (断背山vs.断臂山)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »