any tool that can convert MIF 10 to ttx?
Thread poster: meinmalli
Feb 23, 2012

Hello everybody,

we have a lot of translators with different CATs, so we have to provide them with ttx files. It's the only format everyone of them can handle.
Now we are switching to Framemaker 10 and are looking for ANY tool, that is able to read and convert MIF 10 files (we have to use MIF 10 because of UTF-8 support).
Until now (with Frame 8) we used Trados 2007 with S-Tagger for this task.

The only tool I found is Swordfish, but that seems to be a dirty
... See more
Hello everybody,

we have a lot of translators with different CATs, so we have to provide them with ttx files. It's the only format everyone of them can handle.
Now we are switching to Framemaker 10 and are looking for ANY tool, that is able to read and convert MIF 10 files (we have to use MIF 10 because of UTF-8 support).
Until now (with Frame 8) we used Trados 2007 with S-Tagger for this task.

The only tool I found is Swordfish, but that seems to be a dirty method because it reads EVERY string tag of the MIF file.

Does anybody have a hint for me which CAT to use?

Thanks in advance
Marius
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:13
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You can translate MIF 8, 9 and 10 in Studio Feb 23, 2012

The way for today is to use SDL Trados Studio 2011 - it can work with Frame 10 without any problems.
As there is a SDLXLIFF to legacy converter in preparation and should be available soon, you would then even be able to produce TTX files out of MIF10.
But in this case I would really doubt the sense of such method, provided you can work more comfortable and better with Studio...

meinmalli
meinmalli
TOPIC STARTER
sdlxliff to legacy converter out now! Feb 23, 2012

we have more than 100 translaters working for and with us (using totally different CATs). So TTX is the preferred format. SDLXIFF to legacy converter seems to be the perfect tool for us. I didn't know it, because we are using Studio 2007 until now and skipped 2009. It was not available for 2011 until now! It seems that the 2011 version just came out an hour ago (was not available at the time of your post).

So we will give it a try (and rebuy studio 2011)

Thanks for your
... See more
we have more than 100 translaters working for and with us (using totally different CATs). So TTX is the preferred format. SDLXIFF to legacy converter seems to be the perfect tool for us. I didn't know it, because we are using Studio 2007 until now and skipped 2009. It was not available for 2011 until now! It seems that the 2011 version just came out an hour ago (was not available at the time of your post).

So we will give it a try (and rebuy studio 2011)

Thanks for your help!
Marius
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:13
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You need to follow SDL OpenXChange Feb 23, 2012

Which you find here: http://www.sdl.com/de/language-technology/sdl-openexchange/AppDetails.aspx?appid=194
This must have been released indeed not so long ago, as my last knowledge was the beta stage...
But this tool does exactly what you need: produces a TTX (or even a bilingual Word file) out a SDLXLIFF file. This way you can translate any
... See more
Which you find here: http://www.sdl.com/de/language-technology/sdl-openexchange/AppDetails.aspx?appid=194
This must have been released indeed not so long ago, as my last knowledge was the beta stage...
But this tool does exactly what you need: produces a TTX (or even a bilingual Word file) out a SDLXLIFF file. This way you can translate any format supported by Studio 2011 (and this is quite a number) with legacy tools.

OTOH I would try to bring all the translators to use one common tool to keep consistency in data
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

any tool that can convert MIF 10 to ttx?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »