does anyone use Xbench Program?
Thread poster: kristy021
kristy021
kristy021
Russian Federation
Russian to English
Jul 10, 2010

Could anyone explain how to use this program, the interface appears to be simple, but i can't deal with it...

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:06
German to English
Lots of different uses Jul 10, 2010

You can load various terminology lists, for example, tab-delimited text files. In that way you can access several glossaries at one time.

If you want to use it as a QA tool, you can load one file as your keywords file, then add other files to be checked against that file. Running the QA will show you inconsistencies in source and target segments, mismatched numbers, extra spaces, diverging terminology and other things.

It takes some playing around with, but it's not
... See more
You can load various terminology lists, for example, tab-delimited text files. In that way you can access several glossaries at one time.

If you want to use it as a QA tool, you can load one file as your keywords file, then add other files to be checked against that file. Running the QA will show you inconsistencies in source and target segments, mismatched numbers, extra spaces, diverging terminology and other things.

It takes some playing around with, but it's not hard to learn the program, and considering the cost, it's hard to beat as a tool.

I'm pressed for time at the moment, but I'm sure others can give you more specifics.
Collapse

Pablo Bouvier
Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:06
German to Spanish
+ ...
Did you read the program's help? Jul 10, 2010

kristy021 wrote:

Could anyone explain how to use this program, the interface appears to be simple, but i can't deal with it...

Did you read the program's help? So far I can remember it was quite well explained how it works. Maybe you should read this too, as the first one is a practical example on how to set up a project with Apsic Xbench:

1) http://www.proz.com/prozwiki/en:Setting_up_a_project_in_ApSic_XBench
2) http://www.proz.com/prozwiki/en:ApSic_XBench

Good luck!

kristy021
kristy021
Russian Federation
Russian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks you for the replies and useful links! Jul 11, 2010

As far as i understand this program can work only with one's own glossaries in a spesific field (the peron can't use online dictionary) and if the one doesn't have glossaries in electronic format, thereby he/she can't use Xbench. Suppose it is rather for those who have a deal with techniсs,medcine or law. By the way, could anybody tell do Trados work in the same way?
Thanks in advance.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Empty post.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

does anyone use Xbench Program?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »