Jarosław Sawiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 08:52
Member (2012)
English to Polish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Dec 13, 2018

I just started using DeepL as I've heard good things about it. So far it works well translation-wise, with one HUGE problem. Any time it encouters tags, it goes crazy. E.g. [bold] tags come back from MT as expected, as "x0_" or as repeated text, seemingly at random. So [bold]text[/bold] becomes "x0_'text'x1_" or even text, -text. Same applies to other tags.
Does anyone have the same problem, or any idea how to fix it?

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 01:52
Send Feedback report Dec 14, 2018

Jarosław Sawiuk wrote:

I just started using DeepL as I've heard good things about it. So far it works well translation-wise, with one HUGE problem. Any time it encouters tags, it goes crazy. E.g. [bold] tags come back from MT as expected, as "x0_" or as repeated text, seemingly at random. So [bold]text[/bold] becomes "x0_'text'x1_" or even text, -text. Same applies to other tags.
Does anyone have the same problem, or any idea how to fix it?

Hi Jarosław,

Can you send feedback report from help > Feedback and select the project files checkbox. Let us know which segment in file you have this problem. I couldn't reproduce the issue but want to be sure if this is a problem with certain file types.

Thank you,

John

Jarosław Sawiuk
Jarosław Sawiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 08:52
Member (2012)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Sent Dec 15, 2018

Hey, I just sent a feedback report. I couldn't send you my real work files (they are confidential), but I managed to reproduce the issue right away on a test file. Please contact me by e-mail if you need any more action on my part. I'll be happy to help to resolve the problem.

Tracy Miller
Tracy Miller
United States
Local time: 03:52
Japanese to English
+ ...
I have the same issue. May 25, 2022

I have tried everything but I still get *X0- and other weirdness for some tags, but not all. I have resorted to removing the formatting in the source but that's not exactly a great solution. What is the resolution?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tags come out mangled in DeepL in Wordfast Pro for Mac

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »