Thread poster: Francesca Collodo
Francesca Collodo
Francesca Collodo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:48
German to English
+ ...
Dec 11, 2018

Just installed this morning, keeps hanging. Anyone else experiencing similar?

Daniel Gebauer
Marco Oberto
David López Fernández

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 11:48
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Same here Dec 11, 2018

Even slower than before, with even more lag.

Daniel Gebauer

Daniel Gebauer
Daniel Gebauer  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:48
Spanish to German
+ ...
Cannot open TM Dec 11, 2018

SR1 installed yesterday. Trying to open a TM I use daily for years. Message: SDL Trados Studio - Translation Memories (no response)
... and it's true, there is no response. I have to close it via the Windows Task Manager.
Congratulations!

[Bearbeitet am 2018-12-11 12:40 GMT]

Radian Yazynin
Radian Yazynin  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:48
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Keeps crashing Dec 11, 2018

all day long, have to continuously re-start it to somehow finish the job. The issue with a ntdll.dll module, as seen in the Windows log, was already discussed in the past. I had no troubles before upgrading to SR1. No comments.

Roy Chacón
Roy Chacón  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 04:48
English to Spanish
Mine working Dec 11, 2018

Mine is working fine.

Better fragment match. Did update the TM and unistalled all old versions of Trados.

Adam Lankamer
Adam Lankamer  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Try updating (Nvidia) graphics drivers Dec 12, 2018

Hi,

It may sound strange but after a number of crashes following a recent update of Studio 2019 I updated my NVIDIA GeForce Experience drivers.... and since then I've had no problems at all

Of course, upgrading memories takes a while but I can live with that because you do it only once

Good luck

Adam

Francesca Collodo

NeoAtlas
NeoAtlas
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
No problems here Dec 12, 2018

idem

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Had a different problem: "Cancel" to restart cancelled the installation altogether Dec 12, 2018

Francesca Collodo wrote:

No, but I had a different issue: when I was prompted to restart the computer, I selected "No" to restart later, but then the install dialog did not present any option except "Cancel", which cancelled the installation. The installation also removed Trados from the computer somehow, so I was not able to start Trados at all after restarting the computer. I eventually solved this problem by downloading SP1 (for both Trados and MultiTerm) from the web site and then installing them manually. During that manual installation it appeared as if the restart did have some sort of effect because some tasks were skipped and the restart was no longer necessary.

Francesca Collodo
Francesca Collodo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:48
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
THANK YOU! Dec 12, 2018

Adam Lankamer wrote:

It may sound strange but after a number of crashes following a recent update of Studio 2019 I updated my NVIDIA GeForce Experience drivers.... and since then I've had no problems at all

Adam, you are a legend - I tried this this morning - no more issues!!!!

Marco Oberto
Marco Oberto  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
My Studio 2017 Dec 12, 2018

Francesca Collodo wrote:

My Studio 2017 simply stopped working after this fantastic release. Thank you SDL Trados!!!

Hans Geluk
Hans Geluk  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2013)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
A disaster Dec 13, 2018

SR1 is a disaster. Continuous messages such as "Object reference not set to an instance of an object", it is much slower than before, when looking up TM hits in a project, it gives errors in approx 25% of cases (Translation Failed: One or more errors occurred), F3 (Concordance Search) does not always fill the search box with the selected text, when you try to close a project from your project list, it just doesn't do it... I'd like to roll back but I'm not sure if that will work.

[Edited
... See more
SR1 is a disaster. Continuous messages such as "Object reference not set to an instance of an object", it is much slower than before, when looking up TM hits in a project, it gives errors in approx 25% of cases (Translation Failed: One or more errors occurred), F3 (Concordance Search) does not always fill the search box with the selected text, when you try to close a project from your project list, it just doesn't do it... I'd like to roll back but I'm not sure if that will work.

[Edited at 2018-12-13 22:15 GMT]
Collapse

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 11:48
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Seems to be fine, after all Dec 14, 2018

After a few days of use, I believe that the TM improvements are quite good, after all: having upgraded my TMs in the projects I work on provides a seemingly smoother experience, with better leverage.

Of course, lots of annoyances persist: panels with the wrong pin icon that don't remember where I want them to be; unacceptably rough font edges in Term Recognition; terribly slow and cumbersome term base management; marking a project name in red font (i.e. overdue) even after you chang
... See more
After a few days of use, I believe that the TM improvements are quite good, after all: having upgraded my TMs in the projects I work on provides a seemingly smoother experience, with better leverage.

Of course, lots of annoyances persist: panels with the wrong pin icon that don't remember where I want them to be; unacceptably rough font edges in Term Recognition; terribly slow and cumbersome term base management; marking a project name in red font (i.e. overdue) even after you change the due date; and many, many others. There is still a long way to go before Studio can be deemed a pleasant tool to work with.
Collapse

Hans Geluk
Hans Geluk  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2013)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
My problems continue, falling back on Trados 2017 is not the solution.. Dec 14, 2018

My problems continue, the main one being the message "Translation Failed: One or more errors occurred" while translating. It's a shame that SDL releases such a flawed SR1. I've upgraded my TMs but nothing helps.

I have tried to work again in Trados 2017, that I have installed on the same computer but...

IT DOES NOT RECOGNIZE MY UPGRADED TM'S, IT DOES NOT FIND ALMOST ANYTHING! THIS IS A HUGE COMPATIBILITY ISSUE BETWEEN TRADOS 2017 AND 2019 FOR USERS WHO SHARE TMS.
... See more
My problems continue, the main one being the message "Translation Failed: One or more errors occurred" while translating. It's a shame that SDL releases such a flawed SR1. I've upgraded my TMs but nothing helps.

I have tried to work again in Trados 2017, that I have installed on the same computer but...

IT DOES NOT RECOGNIZE MY UPGRADED TM'S, IT DOES NOT FIND ALMOST ANYTHING! THIS IS A HUGE COMPATIBILITY ISSUE BETWEEN TRADOS 2017 AND 2019 FOR USERS WHO SHARE TMS.

I do have version 36320 saved, so I'm uninstalling SR1 and reinstalling that one. I'm afraid it won't recognize my TMs either.

Btw, whoever wants that version: it will be hidden in your SDL Account, but it's available at their Download Center: downloadcentercdn.sdl.com/T2019/Studio/SDLTradosStudio2019_36320.exe (copy-paste this link in your browser, it doesn't work with http:// in front of it).

[Edited at 2018-12-14 16:33 GMT]
Collapse

Sandra & Kenneth Grossman
Sandra & Kenneth Grossman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 12:48
French to English
+ ...
@Hans Dec 14, 2018

Hans Geluk wrote:

I have tried to work again in Trados 2017 but...

IT DOES NOT RECOGNIZE MY UPGRADED TM'S, IT DOES NOT FIND ALMOST ANYTHING! ]

Hi Hans,
I'm sorry to hear of your problems with the new release. I assume you have tried the simple solutions: restarting the computer, reinstalling SR1, and uninstalling/reinstalling Trados (no need to return the license).
Working in 2017 may be a good solution to complete your immediate obligations, but this will not solve your problem.
In my experience, Trados 2019 is smarter than previous versions, and I suspect that one of the reasons is the upgraded and re-indexed TM.

In the first place, export your TMs in Trados 2019 to tmx format, and re-create them to be compatible with the 2017 version. Saving all your TMs a tmx is good practice in general and will be invaluable as backup if your TMs become corrupted, for whatever reason.
Re-creating one or two TMs should not be a big deal.

I suggest posting your issue on the Trados community forum to get a competent solution for working with the new version.

https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/90

Since this is an installation problem, you are probably entitled to SDL support to resolve all the installation issues. Use it.

HTH,

Sandra

[Edited at 2018-12-14 14:38 GMT]

Claude Roelens
Claude Roelens
France
German to French
+ ...
Wait and see... Trados 2019 is a true disaster....!!! Dec 14, 2018

I wish I could resell this software... ! I am used to work with Trados. Trados 2017 was not very good, but that one is a true disaster.
The software closes without further notice (over 25 times since yesterday), suddenly no longer recognises the termbases and/or the memories.
Since Windows 10, it is now usual, to let users proof the software, before further developments...
I am now really thinking about migrating to MemoQ.

David López Fernández
Pascal Pauly
Matheus Chaud
Wilhelm Weigert
Friederike Hans
Paula Cunha

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2019 SR1

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »