Jose Ruivo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 12:17
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Dec 14, 2018

Hello,

I am acting as reviewer 2 on a project, and instead of having to accept or reject every tracked change individually, I'd like to either accept individually those that I agree with, and then reject *all* others as a group, or vice-versa. Otherwise this is being very time consuming

Any sugestions, please?

Thank you,
José

Jose Ruivo
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
All like these ?? Dec 14, 2018

And since we're at it, is there a way to accept/reject all changes like these? For when a reviewer makes the same correction from top to bottom of a file?

TIA,
José

William Tierney
William Tierney  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:17
Member (2002)
Arabic to English
Review with Track Changes Dec 14, 2018

Hi Jose,

I go through a document with track changes and make whatever changes are necessary, then go to Review/No Markup and run the spellchecker (especially to catch anyplace where there are no spaces between words), then go to Review/Accept/Accept all changes and stop Track changes. I don't spend any time individually accepting changes.

If an editor makes the same mistake numerous times, use "Find and Replace." It will also work if there are track changes.

... See more
Hi Jose,

I go through a document with track changes and make whatever changes are necessary, then go to Review/No Markup and run the spellchecker (especially to catch anyplace where there are no spaces between words), then go to Review/Accept/Accept all changes and stop Track changes. I don't spend any time individually accepting changes.

If an editor makes the same mistake numerous times, use "Find and Replace." It will also work if there are track changes.

Hope this helps.
Collapse

Jose Ruivo
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Can't find those commands Dec 14, 2018

Hi William,

>then go to Review/Accept/Accept all changes and stop Track changes.

Can't find that command. I am using version 8.6.6., and the closest I get is in the Review tab, a dropdown list that includes "Accept and move to next", "Accept this change", and the corresponding commands to reject

>If an editor makes the same mistake numerous times, use "Find and Replace." It will also work if there are >track changes.

I don't think it works... A
... See more
Hi William,

>then go to Review/Accept/Accept all changes and stop Track changes.

Can't find that command. I am using version 8.6.6., and the closest I get is in the Review tab, a dropdown list that includes "Accept and move to next", "Accept this change", and the corresponding commands to reject

>If an editor makes the same mistake numerous times, use "Find and Replace." It will also work if there are >track changes.

I don't think it works... An example: "App" has the 2nd "p" "deleted" and "licação" added, so that if I accept these two changes, one deletion and one addition, the final word would be "Aplicação".
If I search for "App", it won't find it because the second "p" been delete, and if I search for "plicação" it won't find that either, because the p at the begining has been deleted.

Memoq will not find the deleted words which I can see in red
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Accept / rejet ALL changes

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »