Teerin Suvannasai
Teerin Suvannasai  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 21:18
Member (2008)
English to Thai
May 26, 2018

Hello,

I have encounter the following error after opening Across, import the cap file, and try to login to client's server.

"Unexpected error occurred inside a LocalDB instance API method call. See the Windows Application event log for error details."

I tried installing Across in other PC and Across works fine, but the database thing just won't work on my working PC. I have looked through everything and haven't found any similar problem like mine. Could any
... See more
Hello,

I have encounter the following error after opening Across, import the cap file, and try to login to client's server.

"Unexpected error occurred inside a LocalDB instance API method call. See the Windows Application event log for error details."

I tried installing Across in other PC and Across works fine, but the database thing just won't work on my working PC. I have looked through everything and haven't found any similar problem like mine. Could anyone please advice me on this?

Thanks!

Error
Collapse

arabicpoint
arabicpoint
Egypt
English to Arabic
wreply May 26, 2018

Try using another round that can fix it up okay?

Platary (X)
Platary (X)
Local time: 15:18
German to French
+ ...
SQL issue, Not Across May 28, 2018

Teerin Suvannasai wrote:

If you search with this error message on the Web, you will find some answers to such a problem. It seems to be a SQL implementation problem. Cannot say which is yours, but try some of the solutions explained.

Good luck!

Teerin Suvannasai
Thailand
Member (2008)
English to Thai
TOPIC STARTER
Fixed by correcting the registry May 28, 2018

Thanks!
It seems that the SQL register two versions of itself in the registry, so I have to delete the one that has incorrect version.

Vorchuchelo
Vorchuchelo
Russian Federation
More details May 30, 2018

Dear Teerin,

>It seems that the SQL register two versions of itself in the registry, so I have to delete the one that has incorrect version.
Can you please add a little bit more details about or link to the place where you read this advice?

Thanks!

Teerin Suvannasai
Thailand
Member (2008)
English to Thai
TOPIC STARTER
Here is the link May 30, 2018

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/16857ce4-a29d-4380-888e-99d3c51723b9/cant-create-instance-with-localdb?forum=sqlexpress

I see someone mentioned about changing the registry on the last comment.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error opening Across for the first time

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »