European Central Bank announces LSP and freelance winners of 2.4 million contract

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "European Central Bank announces LSP and freelance winners of 2.4 million contract".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:36
French to English
Good news Apr 5, 2017

And "bravo" to all, particularly the freelancers. Little fish in a big pond can still get their share of the cake. Good news. (I know, I have never seen a fish eat cake either).

Roni_S
Roni_S  Identity Verified
Slovakia
Slovak to English
Winner winner chicken dinner Apr 5, 2017

Is one of the mentioned winners (LSP) the same company that has been banned from posting jobs on ProZ, or is the sameness of the name just a coincidence?

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Cool Apr 5, 2017

This is heartening. I thought about bidding for a similar contract in Sweden recently but the paperwork was just too much.

Especially as the Swedish authorities always seem to go for the cheapest supplier, bitch about the quality and then go back to the self same supplier next time...

Maria S. Loose, LL.M.
Maria S. Loose, LL.M.  Identity Verified
Belgium
German to English
+ ...
The General Secretariat of the Council of the European Union also awarded contracts to freelancers Apr 6, 2017

The institution I work for also awarded contracts to freelancers (translation from English into German and into Croatian). Quality accounted for 70 per cent of the points and price for 30. The names of the freelancers concerned (and of the agencies) will be published in March 2018 because we publish names of awardees of middle value contracts only once a year.

[Edited at 2017-04-06 17:58 GMT]

Murad AWAD
Murad AWAD  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Arabic
+ ...

Yes for the freelancers Apr 8, 2017

News like this Will encourage freelancers to get more involved in the market!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

European Central Bank announces LSP and freelance winners of 2.4 million contract

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »