Joana Polonia
Joana Polonia  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 16:42
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Nov 2, 2016

Dear translators,

I'm working on a subtitling project for a client. The software I have is Lemony 5, which allows me to do everything, including to apply black boxes behind the text. I usually save the project as .lm5, but for this task the client asked me to save it as .pac or .stl
The text is just fine, but when I open the subtitle in another software, the .stl doesn't show the black box I've created and also the .pac shows "(i) (/i)" for italics, when it shouldn't.
Is
... See more
Dear translators,

I'm working on a subtitling project for a client. The software I have is Lemony 5, which allows me to do everything, including to apply black boxes behind the text. I usually save the project as .lm5, but for this task the client asked me to save it as .pac or .stl
The text is just fine, but when I open the subtitle in another software, the .stl doesn't show the black box I've created and also the .pac shows "(i) (/i)" for italics, when it shouldn't.
Is it normal? What should I do to avoid this? Thank you.
Collapse

Max Deryagin
Max Deryagin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 20:42
Member (2013)
English to Russian
- Nov 3, 2016

Joana Polonia wrote:

Dear translators,

Is it normal? What should I do to avoid this? Thank you.

Hi Joana,

Either Lemony has a faulty STL/PAC export or the other tool has a faulty STL/PAC import. Try to use yet another tool to open the files and see whichever is the case.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lemony 5: problems converting

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »