Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Looking for Excel spreadsheet for invoicing/payments, etc. (i.e., D.I.Y. TO3000 clone)
Thread poster: Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:16
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I'll keep everyone posted re ClearBooks Mar 20, 2017

Dan Lucas wrote:

Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer wrote:
However, ClearBooks can (as can Xero, I think), so I am currently testing ClearBooks. So far all the important stuff seems to be present (automatic bank feeds for both my euro account and my sterling account, the ability to charge in words rather than just hours like FreeAgent, etc.), and it's cheaper.

A few years back when I was looking at accounting systems, I noticed several people expressing concern about Xero being behind the others in terms of compliance with UK accounting requirements. Having had a browse through various forums, that complaint still seems to be voiced fairly frequently.

ClearBooks seems nice. It looks as if the automated bank feeds are only available in the more expensive Together+ version, which at £16.50 + VAT is perhaps more expensive than I'd like to pay. (I would not be able to avoid that version in any case because the cheaper version doesn't handle VAT.) But in the end were talking about a tenner a month more, so it's marginal in the greater scheme of things. I currently import transactions by CSV, which is getting boring.

In terms of invoicing to handle words in ClearBooks, would you just use the "Qty" field for number of words and the "Unit price" field for your rate in the invoice creation form?

Yes, I think that's how I will do it.

I was wondering about how to get multiple services on one invoice, such as DTP (which I sometimes use when I need to OCR something and do layout work) and translation. It looks like this is feasible through adding a "stock item" for each service and than just using the "add item" function on the create invoice form. Hmm. That would work.

Yes, I think that ought to work, but there may also be other ways.

Do let us know how you get on with ClearBooks...

Dan

I am planning to start using sth like ClearBooks in production when the new tax years starts here in the UK (5 April), so I don't have that much time to get my bearings, choose one, and test it. I will definitely report back here.

Michael

PS: there's also some stuff hidden @ Settings > Configure system > Toggle features that may be interesting, such as a switch to turn multi-currency stuff on/off, and the ability to work with "Projects".

PPS: darn, hadn't noticed that automatic bank feeds requires the ‘+’ package. however, it's still cheaper than Xero, and not really much at all, considering all the stuff it does for you.

[Edited at 2017-03-20 20:06 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for Excel spreadsheet for invoicing/payments, etc. (i.e., D.I.Y. TO3000 clone)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »