Thread poster: Francesco Varotto
Francesco Varotto
Francesco Varotto  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:11
Member (2021)
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 8, 2017

I see other people are experiencing problems after the SR1 update.
I noticed the software takes a longer times to perform some tasks, but I guess it now needs a faster PC given all the new and demanding features.
Anyway what it bothers me really now is that even if I have just translated a segment and sent it to the memory with CTRL+Enter, sometimes, if I come across the same segment (i.e. a 100% match), the translation result windows shows the message "The translation unit was not u
... See more
I see other people are experiencing problems after the SR1 update.
I noticed the software takes a longer times to perform some tasks, but I guess it now needs a faster PC given all the new and demanding features.
Anyway what it bothers me really now is that even if I have just translated a segment and sent it to the memory with CTRL+Enter, sometimes, if I come across the same segment (i.e. a 100% match), the translation result windows shows the message "The translation unit was not updated no errors detected". If I use the concordance I get my translated sentence so it has been saved in the memory.
It also happens that high fuzzy matches are not suggested.
I already worked in different projects so with different memories, but this error keeps on showing up randomly.
Is there some settings in the new version I should change?
I have already disabled the LookAhead function just to make sure.
Collapse

Leonarda Coviello

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2017 SR1 - Error message - The translation unit was not updated

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »