Thread poster: thtalbot
thtalbot
thtalbot  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:56
German to English
+ ...
Aug 5, 2017

Trados Studio 2017 (including SP 1) occasionally imports only parts of sentences in Word files. I find nothing unusual about the sentences themselves or their formats. As a result, the corresponding segments in the source part of the trados file will not contain the full sentences. If I then translate the entire sentence in the target part, an export of the translation to Word will carry over the source texts that were not imported (i.e. did not appear in the source segments). Anybody else have ... See more
Trados Studio 2017 (including SP 1) occasionally imports only parts of sentences in Word files. I find nothing unusual about the sentences themselves or their formats. As a result, the corresponding segments in the source part of the trados file will not contain the full sentences. If I then translate the entire sentence in the target part, an export of the translation to Word will carry over the source texts that were not imported (i.e. did not appear in the source segments). Anybody else have this problem or know how to prevent it?Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Incomplete import by Studio 2017

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »