Bernhard Sulzer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:59
English to German
+ ...
Options Jan 12, 2017

Lianne van de Ven wrote:

Bernhard Sulzer wrote:

Thanks for your suggestions Lianne, but ...

I want to know what the quickest way is to receive technical support - directly from the company that makes Studio. Shouldn't that be included in the price? I tried out Studio 2017 for the last 30 days and I ran into many problems that I never had with the version I bought back in 2009 and still use.

Bernard, for direct support from SDL, you can go to https://community.sdl.com/solutions/language/translationproductivity

Thanks, Lianne, I have tried the forums - no direct answers for my problems there - and I even was in contact with someone who asked about my experience with the new version about 2 weeks ago. But my problem arose when that person went on vacation - he won't be back until the 16th of January, and I was directed by his auto reply to https://gateway.sdl.com/webtocase
On that page, they mention you can use an active support and maintenance agreement/contract (click here it says and a link is provided) - which I no longer have because my version (2009) is no longer supported. You can buy a new contract so it says and a link is provided too (but I won't do that because I am trying out the new version first). Or you can log a case from the page (see link above) but possible subjects only seem to be "installation problem" or "license problem." I went ahead and filled one out now and submitted it anyway. Let's see what happens. According to the submission confirmation message, one might have to wait 2 days unless it seems urgent to them, then it might only take one day.
Needless to say, it was a pain in my b... to finish the project.

[Edited at 2017-01-12 14:58 GMT]

Kamil Gałczyński
Kamil Gałczyński  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 16:59
German to Polish
... Jan 12, 2017

Epameinondas Soufleros wrote:

Let me point out that Trados Studio is a Windows Forms application, which makes the production of colour themes very time-consuming.

So what? We've paid for this time-cosuming! I want to to have black theme like in old Studio 2011! And moreover: I want to have old visible icons from Studio 2011, because the newer are simply ugly, flat and practically invisible!

Bernhard Sulzer
Bernhard Sulzer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:59
English to German
+ ...
Answer from forum Jan 12, 2017

I received some suggestions from the forum today. Paul always is great when it comes to reacting. Not sure though if the antivirus is the issue slowing things down. I will try the same file out with my old version and see if I have the same problems.

Chié_JP
Chié_JP
Japan
Local time: 00:59
Member (2013)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Drag&Drop Jan 13, 2017

The Home screen is supposed to show DD feature but not in mine. This is ridiculous. I appreciate it if the SDL team could suggest a fix? This product is not providing what the ad said in the first place and I am getting frustrated from day 1 with new 2017!

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:59
English to Arabic
Drag and Drop Jan 13, 2017

Hio Chie,

When you open Studio (welcome) you should see the following-

drag and drop

If not- can you post a screen shot please and send your last order number (via PM) please.

Kr
Steve

Pawel Mazur
Pawel Mazur  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 16:59
English to Polish
+ ...
No Black theme + no fix for do the issue with Office 365 = no reason to upgrade from Trados 2015 Jan 13, 2017

For me, the black theme (that Kamil mentioned a few posts ago) would be one of the main reason to upgrade from Trados 2015 to 2017. But as I see, SDL doesn’t care… After all, as they offer these sickening bright themes, it would be a matter of 5 minutes or so to add a few more lines of similar code. It would be even easier than overcoming another infuriating problem that I have with Trados 2015: the MS Office spellchecker and live preview don’t work if you have installed Office using the c... See more
For me, the black theme (that Kamil mentioned a few posts ago) would be one of the main reason to upgrade from Trados 2015 to 2017. But as I see, SDL doesn’t care… After all, as they offer these sickening bright themes, it would be a matter of 5 minutes or so to add a few more lines of similar code. It would be even easier than overcoming another infuriating problem that I have with Trados 2015: the MS Office spellchecker and live preview don’t work if you have installed Office using the click2run feature (=Office365), and not the standalone installer.Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2017 is here - Designed to make the difference

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »